[SOLVED] My PC is performing way below expectations

Mar 13, 2020
I've had this pc for a bit and never really complained because the problems weren't that big. However when i bought it I bought it as a 'gaming pc'. It has always performed below expectations and I've struggled to get 60 fps in alot of games but changed settings and closed background apps to deal with the problems. Just did my first benchmark and it turns out that there are alot of issues and my pc is performing way below expectations. Please help.

My benchmarks: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25451839

Another issue that I'm facing is that my CPU utilization is very high most of the time. The only thing i had running was a few tabs on chrome when I took this test. It goes to 90%+ aswell, Idk whats the issue. I'll retake the test if it'll have any major impact, don't think it will. Thankyou.

Solution
I can't really get more ram atm, is there an alternative fix for this?

My SSD has 37.5gb space remaining, I'll clear it out further if required. I don't really use it much. How do i run my RAM in dual channel memory? I don't know much about computers.
Also I did a retest with background apps closed. Heres the link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25452795

Why are both my drives, and my gpu underperforming though?

You need 2 sticks of RAM to get Dual Channel memory. At the moment you cannot get Dual Channel. In your case 2x4GB sticks KIT would have been better.

Your Green SSD is just a slow drive but on your test it doesn't perform below average. It's right where it should be.

The seagate is ok. Your GPU is...
Do not forget that the users at userbenchmark will overclock stuff and do the test. Which mean that the scores you see is not really accurate. The only thing that this test is good for is to see the speed of your ram, etc.

That SSD Green is not really a good SSD. 120GB SSD. and when it's close to being full it will crawl down to speed lower than a normal HDD. How full is it?

You're using 1 stick of RAM. Which mean you are not running in Dual Channel memory. This will impact performance in some title. Some game you won't see any difference but on some other game it can be a huge difference. Like 30%.

Reactions: bilalmalik853
Mar 13, 2020
i see single ram stick, otherwise all seems running fine

Do not forget that the users at userbenchmark will overclock stuff and do the test. Which mean that the scores you see is not really accurate. The only thing that this test is good for is to see the speed of your ram, etc.

That SSD Green is not really a good SSD. 120GB SSD. and when it's close to being full it will crawl down to speed lower than a normal HDD. How full is it?

You're using 1 stick of RAM. Which mean you are not running in Dual Channel memory. This will impact performance in some title. Some game you won't see any difference but on some other game it can be a huge difference. Like 30%.
My SSD has 37.5gb space remaining, I'll clear it out further if required. I don't really use it much. How do i run my RAM in dual channel memory? I don't know much about computers.
Also I did a retest with background apps closed. Heres the link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25452795

You need 2 sticks of RAM to get Dual Channel memory. At the moment you cannot get Dual Channel. In your case 2x4GB sticks KIT would have been better.

Your Green SSD is just a slow drive but on your test it doesn't perform below average. It's right where it should be.

The seagate is ok. Your GPU is where it should be too. Between the two %.

There is not much you can do.

Reactions: bilalmalik853
Solution
Mar 13, 2020

The seagate is ok. Your GPU is where it should be too. Between the two %.

There is not much you can do.

Oh so my drives are just not good? Also I'm sorry but why do all 3 of them say performing below expectations?

Another issue that I'm facing is that my CPU utilization is very high most of the time.
Do you guys have any idea about this? And whats a better benchmark tool?