[SOLVED] My Pc is restarting automatically when power cuts and I have ups also, I have tried everything and reinstalled windows again but nothing happened ?

Jul 18, 2021
🎮PC Specifications Below 🎮

⚡Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
⚡Cooler- Deepcool GAMMAXX L120T Blue LED CPU Liquid Cooler
⚡Mother board - B450M Pro vdh Max
⚡Psu - Cooler Master Elite 550
⚡Ram -16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz
⚡Gpu - Zotac GTX 1660 super GDDR6 6GB
⚡Monitor - Acer 144 hz 1ms 24"
⚡Storage - Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 Nvme 250gb ssd
⚡Cabinet- Cooler Master K380
⚡Cabinet Fan-2* DEEPCOOL RF120 FS 120 mm Case Fans/Cooler 1500 RPM
⚡Internet Speed - 100Mbps Up and Down
⚡Headset - Redgear Cosmo 7.1 Surround Sound
⚡Mouse:Logitech G402
⚡Keyboard: Redgear Blaze 3 colour backlit gaming keyboard
⚡Webcam - Logitech C270 HD Webcam, HD 720p/30fps

Should upgrade my PSU ?

Solution
main problem is PSU, I have replaced it now, and my problem has been solved thankyou all for supporting me and giving me the best knowledge as well.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
In power settings (somewhere) is a spot where you can click a box to either have the computer "come back" as shutdown, or in last state. Can't recall exactly where it is.

Do you have the UPS software installed and a USB cable running from the UPS to the computer?
Some UPS have options for initiating shutdown on power loss.

Are you sure that the UPS is appropriately sized for your PC?

This line of question is going on my understanding that when the power cuts, the PC restarts to then be running off the UPS. Am I correct in that understanding?

Reactions: Mayapati

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
beyond the the obvious of having smart link cable plugged in. It'll look something like this
https://www.startech.com/en-us/cables/usbups06

If it's not a smart UPS where connected pc can at least read charge level and power state, it's more or less just a placebo.

one other thing to consider is how old the ups battery is. Those lead acid batteries you see in most small ups units are meat to be replaced every 2 years. By the time they hit 3 years, they're mostly dead. Past that mark, they can easily even crack and become a fire hazard, and we're not even talking about how toxic those fumes are when that happens. You can get a replacement battery for 20-30 bucks.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
beyond the the obvious of having smart link cable plugged in. It'll look something like this
https://www.startech.com/en-us/cables/usbups06

If it's not a smart UPS where connected pc can at least read charge level and power state, it's more or less just a placebo.

one other thing to consider is how old the ups battery is. Those lead acid batteries you see in most small ups units are meat to be replaced every 2 years. By the time they hit 3 years, they're mostly dead. Past that mark, they can easily even crack and become a fire hazard, and we're not even talking about how toxic those fumes are when that happens. You can get a replacement battery for 20-30 bucks.

Um, no. Please share with me where you got an understanding that lead acid batteries go bad in 2-3 years.

Not being connected to the computer via USB does not indicate that the unit itself doesn't realize it's under load and operate appropriately. The USB lead is generally more for the console for the user to see status and information, as well as to allow companion software to initiate computer shutdown. I do not keep my UPS plugged to the computer(s) it runs because of the fact that mine is both powerful enough to run both computers in the office, but because it's also too far away from each of them to be connected that way. It operates as expected and gives an audible beep that actually changes as it runs down. I leave my computers off unless actively using them and it poses no issue whatsoever.

I can tell you now that lead acid batteries have no need to be replaced until they reach a certain percentage lower than their rated charged output. This generally happens in around 5 years. The UPS unit keeps the batteries tended and charged and even the cheaper ones will typically have an ability to self test or be tested by the push of a button or indicator LED.

As it happens, code for Fire Alarm panels requires replacement AT five years based on how reliable this factor is.

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
Um, no. Please share with me where you got an understanding that lead acid batteries go bad in 2-3 years.

Not being connected to the computer via USB does not indicate that the unit itself doesn't realize it's under load and operate appropriately. The USB lead is generally more for the console for the user to see status and information, as well as to allow companion software to initiate computer shutdown. I do not keep my UPS plugged to the computer(s) it runs because of the fact that mine is both powerful enough to run both computers in the office, but because it's also too far away from each of them to be connected that way. It operates as expected and gives an audible beep that actually changes as it runs down. I leave my computers off unless actively using them and it poses no issue whatsoever.

I can tell you now that lead acid batteries have no need to be replaced until they reach a certain percentage lower than their rated charged output. This generally happens in around 5 years. The UPS unit keeps the batteries tended and charged and even the cheaper ones will typically have an ability to self test or be tested by the push of a button or indicator LED.

As it happens, code for Fire Alarm panels requires replacement AT five years based on how reliable this factor is.

most ups manufacturers declare 3-5 years for leadacid packs, but in reality it tends to be more like 2,5 years, esp. this form factor
https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/APC-Replacement-Battery-12V-7AH-with-2-Year-Warranty/P-RBC40

Another thing to consider, related to your problem, is that most ups sold for home use are almost universally line interactive, with online double conversion construction mostly reserved to more expensive rack mounted units.

In most cases line interactive is good enough for home use, but combined with PSU hold-up time on the deep low end it would result in a behavior you describe.

Behavior after power is restored can be set in bios, usually listed in power settings as "restore on power loss" with options to power-on or shutdown

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
A declared two year warranty on a battery is FAR from expectaion that they would be dead in that time. I work with lead acid batteries in my profession, have an understanding WHY they last the time frame they do in relation to quality batteries, and can also understand why a manufacturer wouldn't want to warranty a small battery longer. This does zero to further a point that these tried and true types of batteries just magically fail in half it's design life span.

It is well common to have batteries be 6-8 years old before thresholds get below replacement level. The aspect that code enforces a 5 year limit for is the increasing possibility of cell failure resulting in voltage and amperage too low to keep fire/life safety equipment powered for it's expected off power run time, in alarm.

If various fire safety organizations are of an agreement that a lead acid battery is good enough to count on to save your life for five years, enforced by code, and the base construction of a lead acid battery is the same across the board, minus build quality (which is an important factor) I still am not understanding where you get some idea that warranty equals life span. It simply is not the case.

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
Very much matters on who makes them and what product range it is

Open something like APC Back-UPS 500 after 3 years ... you'll often find corroded battery terminals, heck even corroded RJ45 connector.

on the other end of spectrum, you have something like Infosec E3 Performance RT, which i happen to own myself, which is still perfectly fine after 6 years of use, 1500 bucks for 3000VA rackmounted unit is not exactly what you would call consumer grade hardware.

Jul 18, 2021
main problem is PSU, I have replaced it now, and my problem has been solved thankyou all for supporting me and giving me the best knowledge as well.

Solution
Jul 18, 2021
🎮PC Specifications Below 🎮

⚡Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
⚡Cooler- Deepcool GAMMAXX L120T Blue LED CPU Liquid Cooler
⚡Mother board - B450M Pro vdh Max
⚡Psu - Cooler Master Elite 550
⚡Ram -16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz
⚡Gpu - Zotac GTX 1660 super GDDR6 6GB
⚡Monitor - Acer 144 hz 1ms 24"
⚡Storage - Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 Nvme 250gb ssd
⚡Cabinet- Cooler Master K380
⚡Cabinet Fan-2* DEEPCOOL RF120 FS 120 mm Case Fans/Cooler 1500 RPM
⚡Internet Speed - 100Mbps Up and Down
⚡Headset - Redgear Cosmo 7.1 Surround Sound
⚡Mouse:Logitech G402
⚡Keyboard: Redgear Blaze 3 colour backlit gaming keyboard
⚡Webcam - Logitech C270 HD Webcam, HD 720p/30fps

Should upgrade my PSU ?