Question my pc is restarting in graphically demanding games

Apr 23, 2019
Hello! I have this problem that when I enter a more demanding game my monitor is turning black and it displays "Out of synk 13.6 kHz /60Hz" , and sometimes my pc restarts. For examle, in Assasins Creed, the intro scenes apear just ok, but after them it goes out of sync, sometimes even restarting my pc. In Apex Legends is different, I can enter the lobby, change settings, but when I enter a game the screen turns black , displaying the same message and my pc quickly restarts. I tried changing display settings and updating drivers but I still get this issue.
I thing it's a psu problem, but I want to ask here just to be shure.
pc specs:
cpu: i3 6100
gpu: gtx 760 @ 4gb
ram: 8 gb ddr4
atx motherboard
7.2 k rpm hdd (sata)

my psu is a 500w delux that I think it's the cause of the problem, but it may also be a gpu problem idk. A while ago it worked just fine.

sorry for my broken english

Hope somebody that knows better can help me!

"delux SWITCHING POWER SUPPLLY ATX 500W p4"

That didn't make much sense, but I tried to do a Google search, and couldn't find any info on that PSU. Which brand's power unit is this, Delux ? Though, I'm almost certain this must be some generic low-end PSU.

If you can post of pic of the PSU model's LABEL, or figure out the make/brand, then it would be really nice. But, I still think you might be rocking a basic/generic PSU on your RIG. A system reboot/restart might be a sign of a failing PSU. Kindly change/upgrade your PSU model, if this is indeed the culprit.

Don't SKIMP on the PSU. This is the MOST important component of any Gaming RIG.

Reactions: toma croitoru

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...-y1CowKSXpHKdhoTViBoCxS4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds if you are a heavy gamer this sould work giving u stable power and upgrade room

Are you sure you want to recommend these PSU MODELs to the OP ? Never heard of these brands before. Looks like some generic low-end PSU. Not recommended for Gaming PCs, IMHO.

Reactions: toma croitoru
Apr 23, 2019
That didn't make much sense, but I tried to do a Google search, and couldn't find any info on that PSU. Which brand's power unit is this, Delux ? Though, I'm almost certain this must be some generic low-end PSU.

If you can post of pic of the PSU model's LABEL, or figure out the make/brand, then it would be really nice. But, I still think you might be rocking a basic/generic PSU on your RIG. A system reboot/restart might be a sign of a failing PSU. Kindly change/upgrade your PSU model, if this is indeed the culprit.

Don't SKIMP on the PSU. This is the MOST important component of any Gaming RIG.
here is a photo : https://scontent.fotp1-1.fna.fbcdn....=5bd8ae78153782493a2c96cb0e739bfe&oe=5D3A3358
yes, it is a low end psu I got it for about 17 $ . I am shure I will buy a better one now, from brands like corsair or coolermaster. Thank you for your tips!

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Apr 23, 2019

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
the one im using i am suggesting https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Certified-Control-Semi-modular-RBR-1000MS/dp/B003J89V0A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539223156&sr=8-3&keywords=1000 watts power supply for desktop&fbclid=IwAR26j0KZOPU8RNGfNHuqedOaOZm4aSo7vX_GcMTSQTLpHVV_e1x2ENk_ckk
main;y because it shows a photo of the connectors you need i had it for 2 years and i run my pc 24hous a day it dose my scedualing and alarm clocks
i dont care what u guys say if it had worked great for me im sugesting it why should he spend money on a psu he cannot afford for better quality yea it may be built better but one i got im testifying for it plays my sims 3 and final fantasy 10 which is hard on a psu and gpu.my gpu dose take an power connector so dose my mb but i have no igp so yes i have a high performance mid range mb.so if he wants to go cheaper he can providing he knows what connectors it comes with.I only buy what i can see on the photos dont get me wrong you guys are right but you can add this one to your list yes in fact im still using my psu. corsair is another good brand be sure it shows you the conectors and you need to get the 1000 wats one 800 wats minimum have in mind just because the equipment will run on a 500 wats psu dose not mean it wont overload it in extreme gaming mode im reconmanding a 1000 wats for maximum protection and longer lasting and stable psu. good luck

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad you do that. But don't be recommending EITHER of those to anybody here or I, and others, are going to come down hard on you because they are garbage.

Even that Rosewill, while not as bad as these others OR as bad as some OTHER Rosewill models, is not terribly good. The only Rosewill power supplies worth recommending in general are the Capstone M units and some of the Quark series. The RBR isn't horrible, but I wouldn't recommend it either.

Cool max and Viotek, are nothing but trash. 100%. No room for argument. Don't recommend them here.

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
dear mods Cool max and Viotek was not what i recommended i upgrade to the vioteck and found out they are trash thats when i used the roxwell wich i had for two years .cool max was used on computers from the bare bones family like ascendtech.us that was ten years ago I doubt they use it today depends if thats the name of the psu they wont mentioned calling it standard psu i buy my parts from them yes i upgraded to the viotec big mistake on my part so i will go with the reconmended https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...-Units/cxm-series-2015-config/p/CP-9020102-NA CX550M in the future i thought pcs use a lot of power.
my model is http://i65.tinypic.com/j5xgys.jpg
and board 970 pro gaming/aura austek computer inc if what u say is true i can use the CX550M ill be happy to reconmend it to your other members in the future im not going to justify my actions nor am i going to discredit you guys i only know what worked for me i have no ideal why it was recommended to me from my teckies friends.but im open to trying anything cheaper if it actually dose runs my rig please acept my apology and dont bann me im not an idoit this is just something ive never tested and i will try it out.

Last edited: