Question My pc is restarting when doing intensive tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2019
Alright, I'm kind of new here so sorry if i didn't post this at the right category. And sorry if my english isn't top because it isn't my native language.

I built the pc I'm using right now about 3 weeks ago or something and well I didn't have any problems at first but then my pc started kind of restarting when doing some intensive task, Mostly gaming.
Here are my specs:

Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-E (updated the bios just a few hours ago as of posting this thread)
Ram: 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GEIL CL17 Bulk (It was the cheapest ram I could find)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz With Vega 8 Integrated Graphics
PSU: 500W (It's an old PSU I have used it for a long time and sorry i don't know the brand right now)

I built this pc mostly to just have a pc because my old one died a few months before i bought these new parts and well since I want to use the potential of the new system of course I will be also gaming in this...
So well the symptoms started about 5 days ago.. I'm that type of guy who would first download a game from questionable sources to see if a game can run on my pc, then decide whether i will buy it or not, so i took Watch Dogs 2 to try,
The game looked absolutely bad. I don't know why but i couldnt find a fix but it looked bad and well while i was playing around settings my pc restarted out of nowhere. When i got into the game again it did it again after maybe 10+ minutes so i decided i'll just abandon it.
Skipping to yesterday, I had a few Restarts but not much until i tried minecraft. The game would run, but when i got into actually playing it it would immediately restart my pc. I tried finding a fix but to no avail.
Now, today, I downloaded unturned, half life 2 and the 2 episodes, and well, Unturned would just restart my pc at random again. So i decided to find a fix for why my pc is restarting but again i couldnt find any.
I went into bios to check my ram timings (I absolutely don't know what they do but i know they are important) and found that they weren't at the supposed timings that were written on the ram labels so i fixed that, then tried playing half life 2 this time and well it worked perfect, i thought i fixed it but until i tried unturned again well i found i was wrong.
Searching online i found that it could be a bad ram stick, it could be a failing PSU, or maybe my CPU is bad... None of these symptoms occur when im surfing the web or watching videos or just not playing games..
CPU temps are normal and they didn't go above 60 or 65C (149F).
Unfortunately i can't really try anything with the PSU because i don't have a spare one
I'm using a 1080p monitor with a vga cable if that has any help for whatever reason

So well again, sorry if my english isn't really good, and if you need any more info i will try my best to provide them,
Thanks in advance

Ralston18

Titan
"PSU: 500W (It's an old PSU I have used it for a long time and sorry i don't know the brand right now)".

My first thought is the PSU.

Total up the wattages for all installed components. Add 25% and compare that total to 500.

Remember that the old PSU may no longer be fully capable of providing its' rated 500 watts.

Try to identify the PSU make and model.

Post accordingly along with the component wattage total.

Status
Not open for further replies.