My PC is royaly screwed

spunkeez

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
So... I'm good with computers (good enough to set them up and get around for the most part), but this one is a bit over my head, and I really need some help with it. Now I'm new to this forum, and I came here primarily for help with this problem so if I accidentally put this in the wrong category, I'm sorry in advanced.

First of all, I should probably list what my computer is, and what it's specs are. This PC that I got is a custom build from Anitec that I have had now for give or take 2 years. The specs are as follows:

Asus M2N-4 SLI Motherbord
2GB (2x 1GB) OCZ DDR3 PC3-8500 Special Ops Edition
AMD Athalon 64 x2 6000+
OCZ 8800 GTX

I was playing Condemned one night when all of the sudden the game freezes, and then the computer crashes. So I reboot the thing, and I get this:

[size=12pt]Here is my computer starting up[/size]
CIMG0800.jpg

[size=12pt]Here is my computer loading the Operating System[/size]
CIMG0801.jpg

[size=12pt]Here is my computer absolutely loaded... really nice to look at, eh?[/size]
CIMG0803.jpg

Now, I can run this rig without all these troubles in safemode (if I couldn't, I wouldn't be writing this) but when trying to run normal windows xp, it does nothing at all but those bright, shiny colors. To try and solve this problem, I have done the following:

- Updated all of my drivers
- Updated my Motherboard BIOS
- Reinstalled windows XP
- Checked for virus's
- Checked my all of my computer components to see if nothing is wrong (Grounding myself from static electricity by holding a fork btw)

Now, if I'm asking if anyone knows what problem my computer is having (I bet that it's a hardware problem) and how to fix it (whether it be doing something to the system settings or buying a new part).

Thank you very much to anyone in advanced who can help me with this problem.

someguy7

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
I would say video drivers but its messed up at post also.. But since you said you re-installed and updated drivers... that doesnt seem right. Re download the new video drivers just to double check. You probably have a hardware failer with the gpu. If you have or a friend has a card you can borrow, toss it in and see what happens. If not remove your gpu from the system and boot up.

But anyways. You said you're running DDR3 ram with a x2 6400 with a am2 cpu/board. That my friend is impossible.

spunkeez

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009

Oh lol, I meant DDR2 XD

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Im no expert but I will tell you this. I had the same issue when I was playing a game on my Alienware laptop and the same thing happened; game crashed, I rebooted, and got multi colored lines all over :Windows XP screen: when loading. It won't boot unless Im in safe mode. Researching and researching, I found out my NVidia video card overheated and died!

roofus

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
had almost exact same thing happen to me before. it was with a gf4 4600 video card. the fan stopped spinning on the card and it cooked. hope that isnt what happened to you.

spunkeez

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009

I'm not optimistic, it probably did. Oh well, the video card that I bought was $600 when I first got it, and I can get faster ones dirt cheep nowadays.

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

My blown card was the NVidia Geforce GoFX 4xxx or 5xxx. I forgot.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
The same screens happened to me on a 3 year old Ti 4600. I put the card on a faster system, 3.6 Ghz Pentium on the last revisions of AGP mobos and it froze dead after two hours of non-stp gaming CC Zero Hour. The screens it gave me afterwards look similar to yours. I tired to go into BIOS but even those screens had the lines and patterns like yours. I hope your card is under warranty.

tobensg

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
As you get the problem in post, drivers dont have any baring on this. Looks like your graphic card is stuffed. If you can put your graphic card into another PC to make sure.