[SOLVED] My pc is running much lower than expected.

Oct 16, 2020
So i build my pc in june 15 and he is running much slower than benchmarks and expectations from other guys with same specs than me

Gtx 1650S OC 1 click
I3 9100f
8gb ddr4 2400 Mhz
Hard disk SENEGATE BARRACUDA 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6GB/s
Power supply 500W
MB ASROCK H310CM-HG4

please help me guys, i am trying to fix since i get but no matter what i do, fps keep dropping so hard.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/34220787

Solution
2) i play some competitive games like Fortnite, Star wars battlefront 2 and they are the ones that i have more problems with, i also play gta v and star wars jedi fallen order, all of these games run lower than the benchmarks i see and they all get brutal fps drops sometimes.
I could definitely see both the cpu and ram being a problem in all of those.
If you can't afford to make any changes now, you're just going to have to live with the drops; there's only so much you can do to work around a hardware limitation.

dimtodim

Reputable
So i build my pc in june 15 and he is running much slower than benchmarks and expectations from other guys with same specs than me

Gtx 1650S OC 1 click
I3 9100f
8gb ddr4 2400 Mhz
Hard disk SENEGATE BARRACUDA 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6GB/s
Power supply 500W
MB ASROCK H310CM-HG4

please help me guys, i am trying to fix since i get but no matter what i do, fps keep dropping so hard.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/34220787
only what i can see u use hdd..try buy ssd or m2 and use that for boot system, hdd in 2020 u can use like storage only

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Single ram config - hard physical limitation. That is just a no-no for games, mate.
If the cpu is the weakest link in whatever these games are, the single stick config only makes it worse.
For some titles, 8GBs isn't enough anyways.

2)Cpu only has 4 threads. No one knows what kinds of games you play though - so not possible to make a concrete judgment on that.

3)Could also be that you haven't kept up with motherboard and other firmware updates. No way to tell that from userbench results.
It is something that is sometimes overlooked.

Oct 16, 2020
1)Single ram config - hard physical limitation. That is just a no-no for games, mate.
If the cpu is the weakest link in whatever these games are, the single stick config only makes it worse.

2)Cpu only has 4 threads. No one knows what kinds of games you play though - so not possible to make a concrete judgment on that.

3)Could also be that you haven't kept up with motherboard and other firmware updates. No way to tell that from userbench results.
1) i am hoping that in 2 months i can buy another 8gb stick

2) i play some competitive games like Fortnite, Star wars battlefront 2 and they are the ones that i have more problems with, i also play gta v and star wars jedi fallen order, all of these games run lower than the benchmarks i see and they all get brutal fps drops sometimes.

3) i dont know how to update my motherboard and firmware updates, if you could teach me i will be very greatful.

obs: i am from Brazil so my english kinda sucks and the prices for pc here is like 3x than any place so yeah, i cant buy anything here until some months off work

Oct 16, 2020

Im sorry about that but i really need help, I spent like 1,5 years collecting money and when i finally get my pc, he runs everything lower than the others, i dont think i have been scammed or something like that

skitszo

Honorable
turn as much off in background as you can.... learn to use msconfig..... just don't turn microsoft services off. never run 2 anti viruses..... try not to multi task.... your games should have tech boards you could look at.

but ya 8 GB ram is getting slim now a days... goto task manager and see where your cpu and memory resources are.

turn down gaming loads as in graphics and settings....

always play some older games...... if you are slow in older games that shouldn't task your system then something is at issue....

drivers upto date..... clean OS install... don't run storage past 75%; do a defrag on your hard drive.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Oct 16, 2020
turn as much off in background as you can.... learn to use msconfig..... just don't turn microsoft services off. never run 2 anti viruses..... try not to multi task.... your games should have tech boards you could look at.

but ya 8 GB ram is getting slim now a days... goto task manager and see where your cpu and memory resources are.

turn down gaming loads as in graphics and settings....

always play some older games...... if you are slow in older games that shouldn't task your system then something is at issue....

drivers upto date..... clean OS install... don't run storage past 75%; do a defrag on your hard drive.
i do pretty much all of these, i was wondering about sfc/scannow will help

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I could definitely see both the cpu and ram being a problem in all of those.
If you can't afford to make any changes now, you're just going to have to live with the drops; there's only so much you can do to work around a hardware limitation.

Solution

skitszo

Honorable
Sfc scans in my experience just makes sure of major issues.... Better off just doing a reinstall of your OS... Make sure your harddrive is good first..

You do a check on your hard drive?

And make sure your memory isn.t throwing errors?.

Harddisk sentinel ithink its called is reaalt nice. They should still have a trial version.

But your mechanical drive will slow you down...

If you can swing it get a 250 ssd work with that...run storage onthe mechanical.