Question My PC is screwed up

Jun 3, 2019
Please help me. Most of my games are all so bad when it comes to fps and the graphics. I have no clue what the problem even is. The only games that work well is Forza Horizon 4 and Fortnite. I have a GEFORCE RTX 2080 and a i7 8700k. Games like warframe and Apex are really slow and so is CSGO. I overclocked and everything yet nothing seems to work. I lowered graphical settings to raise fps and then I raised my graphical settings to get better graphics. It's weird though because in these games even though I raise my graphic settings, the graphics don't change. Anyone know the issue?

May 8, 2019
What cooler do you have? Which specific RTX 2080 do you have? What case do you have it in? Sometimes, low fps and stutters using high end systems are caused by GPU or CPU throttling.

It would probably help to list full specs. That's a fairly high end system to be experiencing those issues.

Windows up to date? BIOS? Graphics drivers? All other drivers? Until you figure out your issues I would remove all overclock. Try a clean install of the gfx driver. Not a reinstall a clean install with ddu.

Jun 3, 2019
It would probably help to list full specs. That's a fairly high end system to be experiencing those issues.

Windows up to date? BIOS? Graphics drivers? All other drivers? Until you figure out your issues I would remove all overclock. Try a clean install of the gfx driver. Not a reinstall a clean install with ddu.

Windows is up to date and so are all drivers. Thanks for the help. I look into it and take all overclocking out.

Jun 3, 2019
What cooler do you have? Which specific RTX 2080 do you have? What case do you have it in? Sometimes, low fps and stutters using high end systems are caused by GPU or CPU throttling.
I'm using the cooler master hyper 212 evo. And my case has 2 built in fans and I added another 2 arctic cool fans

Jun 3, 2019

EVGA GEFORCE RTX 2080, Intel i7-8700k, CPU cooler is Cooler master hyper 212 Evo, 2 Trident gskill ram sticks with 16, NZXT h500 tower case, power supply is the EVGA Supernova 850 watt G3, ssd is the ADATA SU800 6gb,

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
What are your temps? The 212 is a poor cooler for the 8700k, especially with an overclock. Try running DDU and fully clean install the gpu drivers.
I used a 212 on an FX 8350, which runs hotter than an 8700K, that's not an issue. Anyways try resetting all your overclocks back to stock settings, check for CPU utilization in games, GPU utilization in games, and temperatures using MSi Afterburner or anything that can provide you with a chart of the temperatures as they increase and decrease and report back to everyone. Provide screenshots of the charts as well as in game settings.

Surprisingly, my CPU temps are 30 degree celcius
Under load? There's no way, idle yes, under load it's got to be much higher. Using MSI afterburner or hwinfo64 let us know temps after some gaming or a stress test.
I used a 212 on an FX 8350, which runs hotter than an 8700K, that's not an issue. Anyways try resetting all your overclocks back to stock settings, check for CPU utilization in games, GPU utilization in games, and temperatures using MSi Afterburner or anything that can provide you with a chart of the temperatures as they increase and decrease and report back to everyone. Provide screenshots of the charts as well as in game settings.
I've also used a 212 for an 8350, as well as a 6600k, doesn't mean it's a good cooler for such a hot chip. The 8700k is ok at stock with the 212, but with an oc it tends to get very.hot. but that aside, I agree temps need to be mentioned to see if there's any issues with temp.

thepixie

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I think you need to clarify slow. What does that mean? Are you running the games in 4K and expecting 144hz in ultra settings or something else?

I think we all need more details before we start to make suggestions, have you simply looked at task manager when playing the games and are you running Windows 10