Question My pc is shutting down while gaming

Jorma04

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
Hey!

I have a pc that i built a while ago and have had problems with it. It keeps restarting when i play games. it restarts more frequently in games like rising storm vietnam 2 in csgo and pc building simulator it does not crash at all. I have tried the folloving: uninstalling drivers in ddu and reinstalling, reseating the gpu, reseating the memory, i have all stock settings not overcloked. i dont know what to do. If you see my previous posts i have had issues on my gpu now even on stock settings it doesent work i tought it was the overclock i had on the gpu but it is not it. i allso tried pbo but not using it anymore. pls help. So to recap pc just shuts down in games just blackscreen and starts loading windows and i dont know why.

Asus radeon 5700 xt tuf x3

Asus prime x570-p

2x8 3200mhz cl16 hyperx fury ram

corsair rm750 psu

ryzen 5 3600

corsair h100i rgb platinum aio cooler

Hopefully you guys have some ideas thx in advance.

Hey!

I have a pc that i built a while ago and have had problems with it. It keeps restarting when i play games. it restarts more frequently in games like rising storm vietnam 2 in csgo and pc building simulator it does not crash at all. I have tried the folloving: uninstalling drivers in ddu and reinstalling, reseating the gpu, reseating the memory, i have all stock settings not overcloked. i dont know what to do. If you see my previous posts i have had issues on my gpu now even on stock settings it doesent work i tought it was the overclock i had on the gpu but it is not it. i allso tried pbo but not using it anymore. pls help. So to recap pc just shuts down in games just blackscreen and starts loading windows and i dont know why.

Asus radeon 5700 xt tuf x3

Asus prime x570-p

2x8 3200mhz cl16 hyperx fury ram

corsair rm750 psu

ryzen 5 3600

corsair h100i rgb platinum aio cooler

Hopefully you guys have some ideas thx in advance.

The Asus Radeon Tuf is known to be faulty- they didn't properly cool the memory on the card so it overheats an crashes. Given it's a fairly new card hopefully it should still be under guarantee...

Edit: review covering the issue: https://www.kitguru.net/components/...x-5700-tuf-gaming-x3-oc-edition-review/all/1/

Jorma04

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
Cloud it still be the issue even when temps are in check the afterburner stats say 60 in other games usually 95 so it cant be that right? I might still rma the card.

95 is pretty hot...given your issues listed above the gpu would be my guess...it's possible it could be the power supply but unless youre getting random memory and kernel errors mixed in I would tend to go with the gorilla in the room...that ASUS gpu.

Jorma04

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
95 is pretty hot...given your issues listed above the gpu would be my guess...it's possible it could be the power supply but unless youre getting random memory and kernel errors mixed in I would tend to go with the gorilla in the room...that ASUS gpu.
you must be right i fired up the hunter call of the wild and quess what? this time it dident instant black screen it froze the screen for about 3 second and then after that rebooted im not sure about the audio i was just testing and didnt have headphones on i bet it got stuck or something. i think i finally have my awnser f this bad gpu i am gonna get a new one. Thanks for the help man you 2 have been the only ones helping me. is there a way to give you guys +rep ir something on this website?

Jorma04

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
You'd be getting random error messages mixed in with the crashes...the link below gives info on dump files if you want to investigate further

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d
I cant find any of these files and looking into this gpu on newegg a lot of blackscreen problems have been reported. and not a single memory or kernel error message. I will just rma and get a better model like red dragon. Again thx for helping!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: dorsai and cdrkf

Proteus1

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
I cant find any of these files and looking into this gpu on newegg a lot of blackscreen problems have been reported. and not a single memory or kernel error message. I will just rma and get a better model like red dragon. Again thx for helping!!!

I have a Asus 5700XT reference. I have not had any problems with heat issues since I set my own fan curve. The default settings are terrible. It would get to hot and shutdown. Mine are set 30% 45% 60% for P3,4,&5.

Jorma04

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
Guys i tried reseating the ram again and no post. I remember i had the same problem when i first booted the pc. it doesent boot with the other stick installed no post at all i am gonna test gaming on one stick. when i didnt get a post i removed one stick then it booted then i installed the other then it booted again i remember now. for some reason it doesent boot with 2 stick at once untill you boot one with 1 and then istall the 2nd??? I am gonna test gaming a bit and see what happens. Cloud it be the ram???

TRENDING THREADS