Question My PC is slow

Feb 18, 2019
hi guys,
i have a gaming laptop and i feel like its performance is really below what is capable of.
it has core i7 6700], GTX1060 6gb , and 16 gb ram.
there is nothing on my pc to make it slow i only have two games which are apex legend and fortnite and even on lowest settings the fps drops and its really annoying.
id appreciate ur guys help

D

Deleted member 14196

Sometimes windows will update your graphics drivers and that may cause a problem and you might want to roll back to the older drivers. Was there a time you can remember when everything was fine? If so Then you may be able to roll the video drivers back to a version that doesn’t cause your laptop issues

I have had this problem before and the way I solved it was to do a clean windows install—and by clean I mean backing up all your data and reinstalling windows with only the windows disk plugged in during install, then deleting all the partitions on my drive then letting windows create what it needs.

I realize that I have very heavy-handed solution and I’m not suggesting that at this point just be aware that it may come down to that

D

Deleted member 14196

Have you ever done a clean windows installed on your laptop? Because any laptop I have ever purchased has been extremely slow and I’ve always had to reformat it and reinstall windows before it was fast and snappy. If you are running MacAfee or any other kind of AV besides defender in windows that can cause major speed issues to