Question my pc is slow

Oct 18, 2021
hello so i got my hdd replaced in my laptop but is very slow, it takes around 15 mins to boot and there is this microsoft account that takes 10 mins to load and after that no display so i have to restart my laptop after that it works but its very slow its stuck at 100 disk usage with only chrome and 5gb ram with 2 tabs open. i upgraded to wd green ssd but that hdd is so slow and it failed in 1 year. thanks.

Oct 18, 2021
and my pc is an asus x556uqk
specs:
intel core i5 7200u @ 2.5ghz
8gb ddr3 2133mhz ram
seagate st500lt012-1dg142 500gb hdd 5400 rpm
intel hd graphics 620
nvidia geforce 940mx gpu
i

Oct 18, 2021
so how full is the ssd?
did you do a fresh os install? with all the latest update?
check cpu/gpu temp?
ram usage?
1. 160gb free of 224gb
2.im not ready to install on real hardware and my pc is 20h2 not 21h1
3. cpu 27celsius while chrome open
4.4gb ram with only chrome open and my pagefile is only 1gb no 16gb

Oct 18, 2021
i
Okay, so your specs should now mention the SSD instead of the HDD.
Which means that if your PC is running slower than with your HDD, you should scan the SSD for errors like I said earlier since the SSD should definitely be faster than the HDD.
told you the ssd is super fast its the hdd slow

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
i

told you the ssd is super fast its the hdd slow
Thank you for explaining. Then use the HDD only for storage. You already have the SSD and found that the HDD was the reason your PC was being slow, so what are you asking? How to make the HDD faster?

If for some reason you still want to run Windows on your HDD, there are a few things you can do to speed it up:

Defragment your hard drive (look up Defrag on the Windows search bar).

Run CCleaner to clean up your registry and junk from the drive.

Scan for viruses.

Clear up data (although if more than half of the drive is free, then I don't think there is any need to do that)

If none of those work, reset Windows or reinstall Windows from scratch.

If you want to use your HDD as a secondary drive, but the speed on copying or moving files to it takes too long, you can still try these steps on it except for reinstalling Windows (since Windows is on the SSD in this scenario).

Oct 20, 2021
this is a different acc its me but before it didnt boot it did automatic repair an it failed and is said "Recovery Your PC couldn't turn off properly File: /windows//system32/drivers/tpm.sys error code 0xc00000e9 thats what i got

mrmike16

Honorable
Mar 10, 2016
That could be quite a few things, but my guess is that the hard drive was not connected properly or it has bad sectors (which would explain the slowness).

Here's a webpage that gives a few troubleshooting tips for that error code: https://www.lifewire.com/fix-error-code-0xc00000e9-4772049

I would use CMD to troubleshoot the hard drive. Use F8 before Windows starts, go to Advanced, and navigate to Command Prompt. You can try running sfc.exe /scannow or chkdsk. But the first thing to check is that the HDD is connected properly.