Blackxice

Honorable
Sep 21, 2017
Hey guys, I hope you are all having a great day.

I'll go straight to my problem.
Yesterday, I started my pc and some weird things began happening.

Part 1, the start

A. My 144hz monitor can only go up to 120hz right now
B. There's some sort of chromatic aberation that I'm seeing, my screen is acting really weird.
C. Every games that are installed into my O ssd are freezing and crashing

Part 2, losing hope

A. My O ssd is not working anymore.
- It isnt detected in the BIOS, neither on windows 10 itself
B. Random executeables that were not on the O ssd are now out of business. My pc can't find the pathway to them even that they are installed.
C. I can't delete anything on the pc anymore. I shows up as deleted but they stay on even after a full reboot and windows telling me they've been deleted.

Part 3, last bit of hope (What I've tried)

A. Rebooting the pc = Didn't do ***
B. Tweaking some settings on the BIOS that I've seen on this forum = Didn't help
C. Move my ssd to another slot = Still not being recognized by the pc
D. Uninstalling my gpu drivers because of the weird image quality and low hz = Didn't help.

So, that's it. I would prefer not to format my drivers.

My specs are the following:

I7-9700K
ROG 1080TI
G.SKILL TRIDENT Z - 16GB RAM
AORUS Z390 MOBO
Primary SSD: WD WDS250G2X0C
SSD which doesn't seem to work anymore: WD_Black SN750 500 Go

I've done a windows update 3 days ago, might be the reason. And I've updated the NVIDIA drivers a week ago.
All of my drivers are supposed to be up to date.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I can now set the 144hz, and I don't see the weird screen effect anymore. Why? I don't really know, my screen went black for a moment and everything got fine afterwards.
Edit 2: I forgot to mention that my ssd stopped working after I did a windows defender quick analize, while I was playing Mordhau, which was on my O SSD

Last edited:

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
If you have a known bad drive hooked up to the motherboard, disconnect it first and then retry concerning your other issues. Drive failures can cause a bevy of issues with a system.

Obvious to say, but anything that was located on or installed on that drive isn't going to work unless you reinstall to a location with operational storage.

Ralston18

Titan
And I will add the question: what PSU is installed?

Make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or bit-mining?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing error codes, warnings, or even informational events that occur just before or at the time some problem occurs.

Reliability History is much more user friendly and the timeline format can be very revealing. Look for individual errors and patterns of errors.

Event Viewer takes more time to learn and understand.

FYI:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Increasing numbers of errors and varying errors is a sign of a faltering PSU.