[SOLVED] My pc is stuck in a boot loop

natedog1636

Honorable
BANNED
Aug 9, 2018
I assembled my pc today and it is stuck in a boot loop turning on for 10 seconds then turning back off and repeating it un till I turn it off. I have tried taking the pc apart and putting it back together and I tried taking the battery on the motherboard out and putting it back in and even replacing it, The 24 pin is in properly. Any other ideas?

My specs
I5 3470
Zotac RX 580 oem
Gigabyte GA-H61M
6GB DDR3 1x 4gb 1x 2gb
550w bronze mwe cooler master
240gb Kingston ssd

Solution
hello there, i had similar problem to my motherboard too, it it stuck on Intel logo with code 64 on the bottom right corner. my motherboard dont have built in graphics so it requires a GPU. this problem happened after i made changes on BIOS which i enabled Legacy boot in order to boot from the USB. the motherboard warned me that BIOS didn't load correctly and i should load previous setting? i selected No and that was the last time i can access bios.

So the issue here is BIOS, i had to insert 2 GPU on the motherboard and use one as on-board graphics in order to reset bios. the CMOS and Jumper methods didn't work. the Motherboard post code is EB "Calling legacy Option" tried using the DOS methods but no luck, now this problem has...
6GB DDR3 1x 4gb 1x 2gb
Remove one of them, and the rx 580, clear the CMOS. After that, try to boot the PC again.

The problem related to the RAM, keep in mind, when you mixed the RAM, you may or may not get the compatible problem. Here you got the compatibility problem. If you want more RAM, buy the Kit set, like 2X4GB, or 2X8GB.

Before you buy the new RAM, try this: use the one with lowest speed, or with highest timing one, go into the BIOS to set the XMP profile for the RAM, save and shut down. Add the other one, boot the PC, it will work sometime.

natedog1636

Honorable
BANNED
Aug 9, 2018
Remove one of them, and the rx 580, clear the CMOS. After that, try to boot the PC again.

The problem related to the RAM, keep in mind, when you mixed the RAM, you may or may not get the compatible problem. Here you got the compatibility problem. If you want more RAM, buy the Kit set, like 2X4GB, or 2X8GB.

Before you buy the new RAM, try this: use the one with lowest speed, or with highest timing one, go into the BIOS to set the XMP profile for the RAM, save and shut down. Add the other one, boot the PC, it will work sometime.
I just went and tried that and had not success

Jan 28, 2020
hello there, i had similar problem to my motherboard too, it it stuck on Intel logo with code 64 on the bottom right corner. my motherboard dont have built in graphics so it requires a GPU. this problem happened after i made changes on BIOS which i enabled Legacy boot in order to boot from the USB. the motherboard warned me that BIOS didn't load correctly and i should load previous setting? i selected No and that was the last time i can access bios.

So the issue here is BIOS, i had to insert 2 GPU on the motherboard and use one as on-board graphics in order to reset bios. the CMOS and Jumper methods didn't work. the Motherboard post code is EB "Calling legacy Option" tried using the DOS methods but no luck, now this problem has happened again and i only have one GPU. intel dont even know how to fix this problem since they decided to make motherboards without display ports. mxm. so luckily you can fix the problem if you have the on board graphics and reset, update or recover the BIOS. my best answer is to use old gpu that will go through the Intel logo because it seems like only newer or AMD GPU's are fighting with intel boards.

Solution