Question My PC is turning off and it is not PSU or Overheating related, what can I do?

May 12, 2022
My PC is turning off randomly, it is not related to PSU or Overheating, I know this since I changed the PSU twice and also tried the PSU on another computer and it is working fine and the temperatures are normal.

My Build:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450 F-Gaming II
Cooler: Cooler Master Masterliquid ML360 Mirror
PSU: EVGA Supernova GA 650W 80+ Gold
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz
GPU: ASUS Pheonix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB

Please help!!!

My PC is turning off randomly, it is not related to PSU or Overheating, I know this since I changed the PSU twice and also tried the PSU on another computer and it is working fine and the temperatures are normal.

My Build:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450 F-Gaming II
Cooler: Cooler Master Masterliquid ML360 Mirror
PSU: EVGA Supernova GA 650W 80+ Gold
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) 3600 MHz
GPU: ASUS Pheonix NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB

Please help!!!
Wag.
Input power?

Connect another pc to your input power source....test.

Connect your pc to a different input power source....test.

You have bypassed the UPS when you tested it at another home, correct? (If you've not tried that...do so; skip the UPS to rule out it being inadequate for the load imposed, or being simply faulty...)

At some point, you might also try testing with just a single RAM stick, and, if possible, with a different GPU.

As you are using a pump, I'd remove it or at least disconnect all plugs to pump associated fans, and try a conventional heat sink for a day or two....just to eliminate the pump-related components.

In between unsked hard power offs, does it boot up fine, display video, and operate until it powers off?

YOu might also disconnect all storage drives, spinning or SSD, just to rule them out...; you can loop on a Memtest86 overnight if possible...

May 12, 2022
You have bypassed the UPS when you tested it at another home, correct? (If you've not tried that...do so; skip the UPS to rule out it being inadequate for the load imposed, or being simply faulty...)

At some point, you might also try testing with just a single RAM stick, and, if possible, with a different GPU.

As you are using a pump, I'd remove it or at least disconnect all plugs to pump associated fans, and try a conventional heat sink for a day or two....just to eliminate the pump-related components.

In between unsked hard power offs, does it boot up fine, display video, and operate until it powers off?

YOu might also disconnect all storage drives, spinning or SSD, just to rule them out...; you can loop on a Memtest86 overnight if possible...
I tried booting up with only one RAM stick, it did boot okay but then it booted off, I also tried replacing every component except for the Motherboard and the CPU and it still powered off. From the start even a slight movement of the PC would power it off, I am starting to think this is a Motherboard or CPU problem but I am not sure.

TRENDING THREADS