[SOLVED] My PC is under performing and i am getting a lot of stutters/hitching during game play

Jun 2, 2020
Hi guys i have recently upgraded my pc my current specs are
i5 9600kf
gtx 1060 3gb
(2x4 gb) Drr4 ram 2666mhz
Msi h310M Pro-M2 Plus motherboard
1tb hdd
60gb ssd
550 w PSU

During Gameplay i experience stuttering this only really occurs on games with big maps for example COD warzone, fortnite BR. Before my upgrade i used to get poor performance so i decided to upgrade the parts i thought were causing the problem. So the motherboard, Ram and CPU are all new not even a week old. I have watched countless videos before resorting to this i have suspicion that it is the HDD since its about 4 years old but im not too sure. I have defragmented it recently and did the cmd checkup on the HDD but with no avail i still suffer from the problem. Is their any way i can pinpoint my problem. I have literally almost changed every part in my PC if its not the HDD causing these problems it could be my GPU? (Also i haven't overclocked my CPU they are still at factory settings, i will also be doing some more benchmarks on different games to compare results)

Solution
The system drive might be out of space, only 3GB left there. Delete unnecessary files, clean up the drive a bit. Better get a SSD with at least 120GB, better 250GB or more for the system drive. Like a Crucial MX500

Check the SSD for errors with "crystal disk".

Did you install windows freshly on this hardware?
The system drive might be out of space, only 3GB left there. Delete unnecessary files, clean up the drive a bit. Better get a SSD with at least 120GB, better 250GB or more for the system drive. Like a Crucial MX500

Solution
Jun 2, 2020

The ssd just holds the windows and some other programmes i upgraded to windows 10 maybe a year ago i did a OS reset to help fix some other problems. Ill clean up the drive of some unwanted stuff and test it with crystal disk

TRENDING THREADS