Question My PC is underperforming

veinqh

Commendable
Jun 1, 2019
I have a i7 6700 8gb ram 2400(single channel)and gtx 1660 , When I am gaming my cpu is at 100% and my gpu is at 60-70% usage . Do I need to upgrade to 16gb of ram?

veinqh

Commendable
Jun 1, 2019
i tried it but when i put my ram at 2400 my pc wont boot and then it restarts and resets my bios settings (its my motherboard).

Last edited:

veinqh

Commendable
Jun 1, 2019
I just ran the csgo FPS Benchmark and i noticed that my cpu was at 80 - 100% the whole run and my gpu was sitting at 30% and at some demanding areas me gpu went up to 100% and then went back down to 30% again.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Single channel or dual channel makes no difference to Intel unless you saturate the bandwidth, which is doubtful. And even if somehow you do manage to saturate single channel bandwidth, dual channel only offers upto @ 20% ram performance difference.

That's an i7. CSGO only uses 2 threads, so there's no way you'll be seeing anywhere close to 100% usage on the full cpu, only possibly on a per core basis.

My guess would be a Trojan or possibly malware is swamping the cpu whenever you get online. Something is using a big chunk of resources to be using up 6 other threads, if it was an i5, that'd be more understandable in BF5, as that'll use upto 8 threads without issue, swamping the 4 threads available. But not CSGO.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

TRENDING THREADS