Question My PC is underperforming.

AimanS

Reputable
Sep 6, 2016
So I recently bought a custom built PC. The thing is, it always have a problem with its performance. The speed of read and write of the SSD is only about 100MB/s. It's already firmware upgraded out of the box. I tried to refresh but it almost took 2 seconds to flash the desktop icons. My friend has a lower spec pc is doing better than me. I only get like 100-120 fps on 1080p on low settings in CSGO. I've set my bios. Turned mining mode off, set SSD to AHCI. Boot Options Priority is Boot Options #1 Windows Boot Manager. Boot Options #2 is my SSD. I've not yet bought a hdd for more storage but why is my pc is so slow when it should be faster. This is my link from userbenchmark. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18248181

My Specs:-
Ryzen 5 2600
Biostar TB350-BTC Motherboard
8GB Patriot DDR4 2666mhz RAM
Saphhire Nitro+ Special Edition RX580 8GB
Patriot Burst 240GB SSD
Segotep 500w 80+ Bronze Power Supply
Gaming Freak 10G Flux 2

My monitor:-
AOC 22-inch monitor. Model no:-22B1H.

Help me please. Do I just send it to a computer store and let him do what he could or send it back to the store I bought? The store is like 1 hour 30 minutes away from my place. It's so far, man the traffic jams are bad over there so that another reason I won't just go there.

Jul 9, 2019
Depending on how recently you made the purchase, I would recommend speaking with the original store. Things are clearly running under spec according to the benchmark, and that SSD is struggling horribly. If you're not comfortable looking at it yourself and would rather take it to a shop and have them diagnose the problem, go ahead and do that.

If they say that there is something wrong, I would either let them handle an RMA on parts, or work with the original shop on it.

Edit: Now that I'm looking at more of the benchmarks on it, almost all of the components are running poorly. But this ultimately depends on when you purchased it.