[SOLVED] My pc is underperforming

Feb 4, 2020
Alright so here's the deal.I built this pc last summer (the build was completed approximately in July of 2019).It was great for me because after 3 years of being stuck with an old laptop I could finally play new games with decent fps.But in August (I think at around the 10th) it just suddenly started underperforming.And what I mean by that is that for example,Apex legends ran at 60 or more fps at all times or at least it ran smoothly (I had the texture streaming budget at medium and everything else on high or medium),I played Elder Scrolls Online (settings at high) and I suddenly started experiencing lag spikes(In Apex i had maybe 20 fps while i was about to drop and in ESO I had maybe 30 when I was in big cities for example in Vivec City).But the thing is,that sometimes my pc had those issues,and some times it didn't.One day Apex run smooth as butter and other times it didn't.An other game that comes to mind is RE 7.I played it on max settings and I had no issues at all and then all of the sudden when I was about to enter the shipwreck level my fps dropped.It gets worse.I also play For Honor,and I have a combination of high and medium settings.I pretty much had 50-70 fps at all times.But about a week ago my fps once again started dropping,and so I got worried and tried other games I played.I had bough R6 Siege but I didn't really play it,but I remember that at the High settings I got 90-100 fps at all times.Yesterday I played at low settings and i had an average of 65 fps.On top of that,my GPU's performance all of the sudden starts increasing alarmingly while I'm not performing any tasks on my PC (It used to reach up to 30 degrees without using afterburner but now it reaches 60 degrees! (Celcius))My memories are probably all over the place and I'm sorry for that.Any help would be appreciated ,thanks!

My PC:
CPU: i5-8400 2.8 GHz (With a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO)
GPU: MSI-GTX 1050 Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M DS3H
SSD: PNY 240 GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar 1TB
RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB (2X8)
PSU: CoolerMaster Masterwatt Lite 600W 230 V 80+ (But I used to have a EVGA 500W BR 80+ but later upgraded cause I saw on some sites that my PSU was not powerful enough)
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 55
I also have 3 Deepcool CF 120 case fans.I clean my PC with an air compressor once every 2 months

Thanks again for the help!

Solution
Alright so here's the deal.I built this pc last summer (the build was completed approximately in July of 2019).It was great for me because after 3 years of being stuck with an old laptop I could finally play new games with decent fps.But in August (I think at around the 10th) it just suddenly started underperforming.And what I mean by that is that for example,Apex legends ran at 60 or more fps at all times or at least it ran smoothly (I had the texture streaming budget at medium and everything else on high or medium),I played Elder Scrolls Online (settings at high) and I suddenly started experiencing lag spikes(In Apex i had maybe 20 fps while i was about to drop and in ESO I had maybe 30 when I was in big cities for example in...

Ralston18

Titan
Just as a general observation I would suspect the PSU.

However, airflows should be looked at as well.

When you clean the PC with an air compressor do you blow on the fan blades to make them spin?

Doing so can damage the fan bearings.

Do you check that all cards, cables, jumpers, RAM, etc., are all fully, firmly, and squarely (not tilted) seated?

Take a look in Reliability History and even Event Viewer. There may be some related error codes and warnings that correspond with the fps drops.

Feb 3, 2020
Alright so here's the deal.I built this pc last summer (the build was completed approximately in July of 2019).It was great for me because after 3 years of being stuck with an old laptop I could finally play new games with decent fps.But in August (I think at around the 10th) it just suddenly started underperforming.And what I mean by that is that for example,Apex legends ran at 60 or more fps at all times or at least it ran smoothly (I had the texture streaming budget at medium and everything else on high or medium),I played Elder Scrolls Online (settings at high) and I suddenly started experiencing lag spikes(In Apex i had maybe 20 fps while i was about to drop and in ESO I had maybe 30 when I was in big cities for example in Vivec City).But the thing is,that sometimes my pc had those issues,and some times it didn't.One day Apex run smooth as butter and other times it didn't.An other game that comes to mind is RE 7.I played it on max settings and I had no issues at all and then all of the sudden when I was about to enter the shipwreck level my fps dropped.It gets worse.I also play For Honor,and I have a combination of high and medium settings.I pretty much had 50-70 fps at all times.But about a week ago my fps once again started dropping,and so I got worried and tried other games I played.I had bough R6 Siege but I didn't really play it,but I remember that at the High settings I got 90-100 fps at all times.Yesterday I played at low settings and i had an average of 65 fps.On top of that,my GPU's performance all of the sudden starts increasing alarmingly while I'm not performing any tasks on my PC (It used to reach up to 30 degrees without using afterburner but now it reaches 60 degrees! (Celcius))My memories are probably all over the place and I'm sorry for that.Any help would be appreciated ,thanks!

My PC:
CPU: i5-8400 2.8 GHz (With a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO)
GPU: MSI-GTX 1050 Ti
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M DS3H
SSD: PNY 240 GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar 1TB
RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB (2X8)
PSU: CoolerMaster Masterwatt Lite 600W 230 V 80+ (But I used to have a EVGA 500W BR 80+ but later upgraded cause I saw on some sites that my PSU was not powerful enough)
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 55
I also have 3 Deepcool CF 120 case fans.I clean my PC with an air compressor once every 2 months

Thanks again for the help!
I would also suggest looking at your SSD speeds, due to PNY usually being a more budget friendly brand for storage it wouldn't surprise me if it has slowed down over time. Also check if your storage is almost full, this can cause stutters and also low spikes at times. But as the reply above said, AIRFLOW IS SUPER IMPORTANT. Check for dust buildups and also fan speeds :) Alongside this, it could be a PSU issue as yeh its enough for the build, but having a little bit extra saves it from working TOO hard :)

Solution
Airflow as in case fans that take in cold air from the front of the case and exhausts hot air from the rear and / or the top of the case.

It is essential to have cold air moving through your case, so not only the CPU cooler works efficiently, but also cold air to cool the graphics card and other components.

Buildup of dust reduces fan performance and blocks dust filters and so on, reducing the airflow

Hot components usually underperform or fail prematurely