Question MY Pc is using too much cpu suddenly

legendarysnake

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
Hey guys, my pc was having some random blue screen of death. Then it begins to slow down, it takes forever to type things on google chrome now. it all begins after my pc crashed after i opened gta san andreas.
in short my cpu is randomly going to 100% of usage with only chrome and discord open.
it was not like that last week

my pc specs are

Motherboard: asus h97m-e csm

SSD: 446gb

CPU: intel i5 4690k

GPU: geforce gtx 970gb gddr5

Memory: Hyper X 16gb(2 of 8) 1666mhz ddr3
HDD- 1000 gb

Hey guys, my pc was having some random blue screen of death. Then it begins to slow down, it takes forever to type things on google chrome now. it all begins after my pc crashed after i opened gta san andreas.
in short my cpu is randomly going to 100% of usage with only chrome and discord open.

my pc specs are

HDD- 1000 gb
Unplug the hdd.
See if it makes a diff.

my pc specs are

HDD- 1000 gb
see if a minidump was produced. If so put it on a server, share it for public access and post a link. We can take a quick look in the windows debugger and see why windows shut the system down.

based on the age of the motherboard I would make sure you update the realtek audio driver. the old version was stupid and would respond to the GPU audio driver request and over flow the GPU drivers buffers. GPU drivers always were blamed.

Last edited:

legendarysnake

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
Hey guys I think I found out what's happening. You see, i use some plugins at greasyfork and 3 of em was infected by some virus. I removed 3 of my 7 plugins, uninstalled chrome, deleted the app data/local/chrome folder, reinstalled and now everything is back to normal.
Who would guess that plugins would cause all of those troubles in my machine.

TRENDING THREADS