[SOLVED] my pc is way under performing

May 19, 2020
I have a AMD rx 5700 and ryzen 7 2700x and i get way below the fps that other people get with my specs. I should get a solid 170 on rainbow and i struggle to get 100 and its the same on all games

Solution
There is no 'best' ram, ram is manufactured by only a handful of OEMs, so multiple vendors have really all the same few ram underneath the paint job.

There's only the best ram for your particular application, which with a 2000 series cpu is 3200MHz C14, but that's really expensive, so 3200MHz C16 is the most common.

Whether that's 16Gb or 32Gb is your choice, as is the look, most kits are just the 2 sticks, but some kits like the Gigabyte Aorus and G-skill Royal can come with 'dummy' sticks that fill the empty slots for a full 4 slot look.

Personally I prefer the G-skill Trident-Z Neo as they are binned specifically for Ryzen, as are any of the Trident-Z with a model number ending in X.

Yes, that Kingston HyperX is good for your...

rgd1101

Don't
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd/hdd usage?
what resolution?

did you get more ram?

May 19, 2020
ryzen 7 2700x
rx 5700
8gb 2133mhz
650w corsair psu
b450m mobo
i play on 1920 x 1080

cpu usage is 28%
gpu usage is 40%
gpu temp is 44 degrees
ram usage is 84%
hard drives are on 0%, 1% and 3%

apparantly i have a faulty card according to someone i know but obviously im not going to want to believe that

ryzen 7 2700x
rx 5700
8gb 2133mhz
650w corsair psu
b450m mobo

cpu usage is 28%
gpu usage is 81%
ram usage is 84%
hard drives are on 0%, 1% and 3%

apparantly i have a faulty card according to someone i know but obviously im not going to want to believe that

Spotted your issue in 5 seconds. You're using 1 stick of 8GB of RAM right? At 2133MHz.

For a ryzen running 1 stick in Single Channel compared to running in Dual Channel with 2 sticks and running the RAM at 2133MHz is performance suicide.

The entire fps you're missing comes from that. It can be a huge difference in CSGO.

What you need with that system is a 3200MHz RAM KIT 2x8GB CAS16 like this below.
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/p6RFf7,Cf98TW/

Reactions: rgd1101

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There is no 'best' ram, ram is manufactured by only a handful of OEMs, so multiple vendors have really all the same few ram underneath the paint job.

There's only the best ram for your particular application, which with a 2000 series cpu is 3200MHz C14, but that's really expensive, so 3200MHz C16 is the most common.

Whether that's 16Gb or 32Gb is your choice, as is the look, most kits are just the 2 sticks, but some kits like the Gigabyte Aorus and G-skill Royal can come with 'dummy' sticks that fill the empty slots for a full 4 slot look.

Personally I prefer the G-skill Trident-Z Neo as they are binned specifically for Ryzen, as are any of the Trident-Z with a model number ending in X.

Yes, that Kingston HyperX is good for your needs, but kinda not since it's out of stock.

Solution