Question My PC isn't detecting a second display. Does anybody know how to fix this?

m4rcusg4mermjd

Reputable
Dec 24, 2018
Hi, I used to always run a 2 monitor display (I think maybe like 1 year 6 months ago I had 3 monitors at one point). At Christmas I upgraded from a GTX 1060 to a GTX 1080 and soon after I upgraded my i3 8100 to an i5 9400F. I used to always run my main monitor from my HDMI on my graphics card and run the other monitors off my motherboard. I obviously can't run other monitors from my motherboard anymore because my new CPU does not have integrated graphics. So that's when I tried to run all monitors of my graphics card. BTW my monitors are both the Samsung S24F350 which have one HDMI port and one VGA. My main monitor is using the HDMI port from the graphics card (If you don't already know the GTX 1080 had 1xHDMI 3xDisplayPort 1xDVI).

Basically the main issue is that only the HDMI is working and I am getting no signal from the other monitor. I tried using a display port to HDMI, didn't work. I just ordered a DVI to VGA, that didn't work either. So only the HDMI is working. I thought that this issue is either a GPU driver issue (I have the newest version) or it is an issue with the GTX 1080's ports. I remembered that I have a GTX 960 in my drawer. I just plugged that in right now and I am getting the exact same issue. This either means that this is a huge coincidence and both GPUs are broken or there is another issue in my PC .

Very sorry for writing this huge <Mod Edit> post but I would massively appreciate some help. Here is a list of all specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
SSD: Kingston A400 240GB
HDD: Hitachi HUA721010KLA330 1TB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 C16 2x8GB
MBD: Asus PRIME B360M-K
Monitor- Samsung S24F350
Windows Version- 1909
GPU Driver Version- GeForce Game Ready Driver 445.87

Last edited by a moderator: