chansamethsiv

Honorable
Aug 24, 2017
Hi everyone!

My friend's specs:
Ryzen 1500x
16gb ram
Radeon Sapphire RX 570

My friend is having trouble with his pc, as it isn't detecting his internet all of a sudden. It can still detected other networks (his mobile hotspot and neighbors wifi), but cannot find his regular wifi. We've attempted to try using an Ethernet cable but it came up with "unrecognised, no internet". He also attempted to purchase another wifi USB adapter but no luck. A friend of ours attempted to help by telling us to go to Command Prompt and inputting 'ipconfig/flulshdns' but still no luck . We also attempted to set a DNS up? By going to Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network Connections> 'network adapater's name'> right clicking 'properties'> then changing the properties within 'Internet Protocal Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)', but no luck as well.

All help is welcomed!!

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
First, please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Next include the make and model of your wireless router. Can you connect off of your router with your phones and perhaps a donor system(laptop)? If so, make sure your router's firmware is up to date.

chansamethsiv

Honorable
Aug 24, 2017
First, please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Next include the make and model of your wireless router. Can you connect off of your router with your phones and perhaps a donor system(laptop)? If so, make sure your router's firmware is up to date.
Sorry about that, yes every other device can connect to the wifi except for his pc
CPU: Ryzen 1500x
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH PLUS
Ram: Corsair 16gb (8gb x 2)
SSD: WDC WDS120G2G0B-00EPW0
HDD: Toshiba MQ01ABD100
GPU: Radeon Sapphire RX 570
PSU: Corsair VS650

Modem: Telstra smart modem
Manufacturer: Technicolor
Model number: DJA0230

Apparently Telstra updates their firmware automatically, I tried to see if I could do it manually but couldnt find it. https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/broadband/security/what-is-telstra-network-security