Question My PC isn't performing well in playing games. I notice less fps in games when compared to other people with same specs!

Aug 19, 2022
MY SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: RTX 2070 Super 8gb Vram
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo NVMe
PCIe M.2 500GB
Seagate ST2000DM005-
2CW102 2TB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 1x16GB (XMP PROFILE TURNED ON)

USERBENCHMARKS: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/54704956

Following is the gameplay recording of "Spider-Man Remastered"
The problem I am facing is constant fps drop from 50 to 20 or even 11. (even with rtx off)

GAMEPLAY: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wC0In29fsIfPGvh2a2N8lVTTdkbWq12A/view?usp=sharing
Please help, I have tried everything to fix but cant find a solution!

Aug 19, 2022
Single channel RAM will seriously hurt gaming performance. You want a dual channel kit, 2x8gb or 2x16gb.
It ofc will give a better performance, but I dont want to upgrade.
My main issue is that my current specs are decent enough but still I think its underperforming

It ofc will give a better performance, but I dont want to upgrade.
My main issue is that my current specs are decent enough but still I think its underperforming
A Ryzen system will underperform with single channel RAM. While it depends on the game a 20-30% loss in performance would not be unexpected.

You can try running PBO for the cpu but ultimately the system is being choked by the RAM setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: iota777
Aug 19, 2022
Okay, I will consider this whenever I upgrade, I am thinking of a dual channel 32gb (2x16)

But other than that do you find any faults with my pc? Like the benchmarks and gameplay video

Okay, I will consider this whenever I upgrade, I am thinking of a dual channel 32gb (2x16)

But other than that do you find any faults with my pc? Like the benchmarks and gameplay video
Benchmark looks normal except not completing the SSD part but that wouldn’t impact fps. The game looks ok but it’s not a game I play so cannot directly compare.

Aug 19, 2022
Benchmark looks normal except not completing the SSD part but that wouldn’t impact fps. The game looks ok but it’s not a game I play so cannot directly compare.
actually my pc benchmarks were higher before I updated my bios and windows, so there might be a bug that its not detecting my SSD.
Benchmark wise every component is working good. But ig i should switch to dual channel

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS