[SOLVED] My pc isn't running nearly as fast as it should be according to tests run by others

Feb 3, 2022
Specs:

GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz
Cooler: NZXT Kraken M22 120mm
PSU: Gigabyte P650B 80 Plus Bronze 650W
MB: B450 Tomahawk Max

On benchmark tests run on games like valorant with the same gpu and cpu the game runs at a stable 244 on all low settings 1080p, however my game can barely push past 100 fps. I know my ram is slow but could it make this much of a difference? I should also note my gpu is in the second slot due to a faulty top slot. Any recommendations or ideas are appreciated

Solution
Are those benchmarks you mentioned running the identical hardware at the same clocks? CPU and GPU will boost up and down depending on things like power draw and temperature. Were those benches running RAM at the same clocks and latencies as your system? Ryzen scales pretty well with memory clock.
Were they running on the same game version and Windows version? Updates might change performance in either direction.
Is there any stuff running in the background, that they might've missing? Things like browsers or messengers.
Were they using the same settings?
Specs:

GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz
Cooler: NZXT Kraken M22 120mm
PSU: Gigabyte P650B 80 Plus Bronze 650W
MB: B450 Tomahawk Max

On benchmark tests run on games like valorant with the same gpu and cpu the game runs at a stable 244 on all low settings 1080p, however my game can barely push past 100 fps. I know my ram is slow but could it make this much of a difference? I should also note my gpu is in the second slot due to a faulty top slot. Any recommendations or ideas are appreciated
Run this and post a LINK to the results page.

PC Benchmark

Are those benchmarks you mentioned running the identical hardware at the same clocks? CPU and GPU will boost up and down depending on things like power draw and temperature. Were those benches running RAM at the same clocks and latencies as your system? Ryzen scales pretty well with memory clock.
Were they running on the same game version and Windows version? Updates might change performance in either direction.
Is there any stuff running in the background, that they might've missing? Things like browsers or messengers.
Were they using the same settings?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS