My PC Isn't running to its full capacity (CS:GO only issue???). Help Please!

May 27, 2018
Hi, I build my first PC from scratch not too long ago and I'm not sure how well my pc should be performing but I know for a fact it is vastly under performing for CS:GO at very least. I'm not sure how to tell if it's independently a CS:GO problem or not. I know that my older PCs in the past could run CS:GO 300fps+ quite easily while my new PC with way better specs it varies from 150-250 depending randomly on the day and map...

Specs
CPU: i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
RAM: 32 GB
Monitor: 144hz BenQ (DVI, and yes it is plugged into my gpu)
Storage: 1x500gb SSD, 2x1tb HDD
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Z370-E

If you need me to run any test or any more information please let me know! I'm also paranoid that this could be an issue for all games not just CS:GO. FYI : I have tried to reinstall the game, I have updated my GPU and BIOS drivers. It seems that in CS:GO my cpu/gpu usage are both usually around 55% ish. I also have made sure my power plans are all set to maximum performance and messed around with my NVIDIA 3D settings.

This is extremely frustrating, thank you so much in advance for any help on figuring this out!

UPDATES:
- I just got these results from this website I found http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11258284 :( ?
- I recently got Assassins Creed Odyssey and with mostly high/medium (a few low) I get a good 50-80FPS and it is a very demanding game, so I'm starting to believe it is in fact a CS:GO issue possibly.

- Also sorry for the repost, I tried posting this under CPU, but no one replies :(

May 27, 2018

Thanks for the reply! I did change this in my BIOS and it seems there is somewhat of a minor increase in performance but not as much as I expected. I'm very concerned that I cannot accomplish what older specs could. Any other ideas? FYI I now have 32GB of ram and still seeing issues.

May 27, 2018

Thanks for the suggestion, most of those I have already done :(