Question My PC just randomly shuts down after water cooling

Jun 27, 2019
Hi guys,

So I have recently added a custom loop to my Pc. Before I did this I had a Corsair H100i V2 and an air cooled EVGA 2080 ti and I didn’t have any issue.

As soon as I added my loop I am experiencing random shut downs. Sometimes I can be after 5 minutes of use, other times it can be after 1 hour but it is really frequent.

I have fresh installed windows on to a different drive as I thought it could be either a corrupt drive/windows file.. still does it.

I have tried to unplug everything and plug it all back in. My pump is plugged into the water pump header and I can feel it’s working. My temps are okay at around 25-30 idle for CPU and 28 idle GPU.

I’ve reset my BIOS so there is no overclock or anything like that.

My GPU is side mounted using a PCIE extender cable but is being picked up on my PC and I managed to run bench marks before it turns off and it seems to be okay.

I’m stuck for what to do next!

My specs:
ASUS sabertooth s z170
i7-6700k
Aorus 2080 TI water force
32Gb Hyper X 2666mhz
Corsair 850x Gold PSU
EK water block
EK Pump/Res combo
EK 280mm Rad
3TB hdd
1tb M2 - C drive
240 GB Samsung evo ssd
Corsair obsidian 500d case

Any advice?

Lutfij

Titan
You're going to have to detail the components of your watercooling loop. Can you also mention what temps you're seeing when the system is running prior to shutdown? List all the apps that you've taxed the system with and ended up with the same shutdown. Which version of the BIOS are you on for your motherboard?

Jun 27, 2019
You're going to have to detail the components of your watercooling loop. Can you also mention what temps you're seeing when the system is running prior to shutdown? List all the apps that you've taxed the system with and ended up with the same shutdown. Which version of the BIOS are you on for your motherboard?

EK XRES 140 D5 Pump
EK Velocity Intel Water block
EK CoolStream CE 280mm dual fan radiator
EK Cyrofuel Premix liquid
EK Fittings

Temps:
Mobo Around 30 - highest spike of 43
CPU sits around 30 - highest spike of 51
GPU sits around 31 - highest spike of 32

Apps that cause it;
Anything! It happened without even having any apps open, the Pc was just idle and it turns off. Web browsing causes it, literally anything

I realised I’m sitting on a BIOS version from 2016. I am in the process of updating it now but I can’t get the CAP file to register when using EZflash

Jun 27, 2019
Another update, I have installed the last way version of the BIOS and it’s still just randomly shutting down