[SOLVED] My Pc keep freezing without any forces (775 socket)

Apr 4, 2020
My pc keep freezing when i upgrade a new motherboard

I buy a new 775 soket with a new power supply then i replace my old cpu ( intel core 2 duo E5300 ) with a new (old) core 2 quad

And i buy a new gpu (nvidia gt 710 2gb)

So after a coulpe of hours the pc freeze and didn't respond and i can't do anything except force shutdown from the power button

The freeze continue when i paly games or even i navigate web or anything

I replace my two sicks of ram with others but still freezing

But when i remove the graphic card the pc run without any problem

Also when i put back the graphic card and put back the old cpu (core 2 duo) everything goes fine

So please what do u think it's the problem

Cuz i want run this motherboard with core 2 quad and gt 710

Spec :

-Motherboard : Afox G41 (775 socket) compatible Intel Core 2 Quad/ Core 2 Duo

-Power supply : DV ATX P4-450 watt

-CPU : Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz

- 2x2GB 1Rx8 PC3-10600U-09-11-A1 (4 gb ram)

-GPU : Palit Nvidia Gt 710 2Gb

Solution
So it seems power is fine, but if it's starting to crash on the e5300 too now, then I think something happened to the motherboard where pushing it now causes issues.
So you think that core 2 quad is corrupted even it work fine without gpu in the motherboard ?
Then it could be a driver issue, but generally I have not seen issues like this when upgrading my lga775 systems if the cpu is a real one.

Uninstall the drivers for the gpu with your older processor and remove the card. Then install the new cpu and confirm it works correctly. Then install the gpu and drivers.

Apr 4, 2020
Then it could be a driver issue, but generally I have not seen issues like this when upgrading my lga775 systems if the cpu is a real one.

Uninstall the drivers for the gpu with your older processor and remove the card. Then install the new cpu and confirm it works correctly. Then install the gpu and drivers.
I allready do these steps before i buy the new gpu
The quad core work fine without any graphic card :/

I allready do these steps before i buy the new gpu
The quad core work fine without any graphic card :/
There's something funny about that cpu or the motherboard or the gpu that's not allowing all this stuff to work together. Although because it was working on your old cpu I tend to think it is related to the cpu...

And I think maybe I found a potential culprit--your new cpu is not only higher wattage, but also is a much faster bus speed:
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/493/Intel_Core_2_Quad_Q8200_vs_Intel_Pentium_Dual-Core_E5300.html

Either the gpu isn't getting enough power--how large of a power supply do you have? Or the gpu isn't able to cope with the faster bus speeds.

Apr 4, 2020
I have a 450 w power supply and what is the solution if the gpuisn't able to cope with that bus speed
Also , recelnty my pc freeze with E5300 forthe first time that's crazy u know..