My PC keeps bluescreening when running simple games

Nazri

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
I've started having this issue when I started playing a new version of a game a year ago, although I've swapped out my 450v for a 700v because it used to just power down instead of bluescreen.

I currently have an AMD fx-4100 CPU, GeForce GTS 450, 4 gigs of RAM and my motherboard is an Asus Sabertooth 990FX. None of it is OC'd and my temps run 35 degrees idle 50 degrees while working for my CPU and 35 for my GPU and I'm working with a Windows 7 64bit clean legit install.

Most of the time the screen just freezes, and the sound just gets stuck in the pitch it was in, and forces itself to restart. When I do get bluescreened I get tells me "a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" which I've googled and found it was a CPU problem. Now this CPU is a year old, and I've never changed anything in the settings. How can I solve this. I can post further details of my system if needed.

This ONLY started happening when I installed my old network card, which I've had to use a driver fix for to get it running seeing as Windows started just botching programs that don't have a signature. The card is a Netgear WG311v3, which does have a Win7 Update and should run fine with it, but since Windows made that signature change the system just didn't recognise the network card at all. So I've installed a boot driver to automatically turn off signature verification, and voila I can use my wifi again (and no I don't have hardline otherwise I'd just be using my on-board).

I'm trying to cross of everything off of my list, a Memtest is on one of them but I currently don't have CD's or a flashdrive to put the file on to boot it off of. I'm wondering if it's a CPU or GPU or just maybe a botch driver problem.

EDIT:
I've skulked around the forums a bit to see if I can make a list of action, and I've taken the tip to listen to the sounds my HDD makes.

Now... my HDD sounds like its alive, it makes this whiny moany sound from time to time. Dunno if that's bad, but I'm guessing that's bad. And if it's bad, how is it related to the bluescreen telling me it's a CPU problem.

Nazri

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013

Everything is clean, the CPU usually runs between 35 when idle and 50 when gaming. Don't know if thats too hot, but I'm just wondering why it's getting so hot while it's not OC'd.

Nazri

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Thank you for the solution, and apologies for the delayed response. I forgot the name of this site. Thought it was Jim's Hardware... yeah dunno where that comes from.

Anyways, my PC is purring like a kitten and running like a dream now. 's all in the BIOS.