Question My pc keeps bsod when I'm doing almost anything plz help i beg !!!!

Aug 28, 2022
My pc has been doing this since i got it a constant but not consistent bsod usually the same error every time clock watchdog timeout error but very rarely a kernel security check failure bsod. It happens doing anything but it is triggered more when i load up any game at at. I have tried my self to look up anything and everything to fix it but to no prevail. ive updated drivers, bios and ran ervey check i could and even tried under voting still nothing. The one thing that has help was disabling turbo mode in the bios ,which made the bsod less but still constantly happening and I'm at such a loss i would greatly apricate any and all help its driving me insane.

small memory dump files here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LDld16ovakcjEJsN89aOiLXaeHmmZrZw?usp=sharing

PC Specs
i7 11700kf
16gb 3200
gtx 1060 6gb
ROG STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI MB
its a rog strix prebuilt g15ce

Last edited:
My pc has been doing this since i got it a constant not not consistent bsod usually the same error every time clock watchdog timeout error but very rarely a kernel security check failure bsod. It happens doing anything but it is triggered more when i load up any game at at. I have tried my self to look up anything and everything to fix it but to no prevail. ive updated drivers, bios and ran ervey check i could and even tried under voting still nothing. The one thing that has help was disabling turbo mode in the bios ,which made the bsod less but still constantly happening and I'm at such a loss i would greatly apricate any and all help its driving me insane.

PC Specs
i7 11700kf
16gb 3200
gtx 1060 6gb
ROG STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI MB
its a rog strix prebuilt g15ce
Put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run.
No errors allowed.

Aug 28, 2022
I am constantly getting a BSOD with the same "Clock Watchdog Timeout" almost every time which occurs and random times while gaming but can even happen when just on browser. ive tried checking ram with memtest and ran multiple other tests all getting back no errors and checking the temps they all are good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
this one?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
try running this and see if any new intel drivers - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

clock watchdog timeout is a CPU error but could be drivers.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
not sure why I didn't before but here are results of the dumps

Results (click run fiddle to get results if you want to look)

File: 082922-20046-01.dmp (Aug 30 2022 - 01:24:38)
BugCheck: [CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)]
Probably caused by: Unknown_Image (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 26 Sec(s)

File: 082922-16406-01.dmp (Aug 29 2022 - 21:04:50)
BugCheck: [KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: vgc.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

So one victim is vanguard, thats unusual as it usually crashes things

looks at drivers.. do you have headphones?
Dec 12 2018HECATEG2.sys
Only ask as they are old drivers, might see if newer. Possibly Edifier?

try running https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html