[SOLVED] my pc keeps crashing while connected to ethernet?

Sep 13, 2020
hello my pc is:

h81m-k
i3 4130
GTX 650
Rexpower fake 400W supply

and when im playing gta 5 on ethernet connection with cable game is crashing and after few minutes screen goes black and restart is only solution and when i disconnect from ethernet and connect usb wifi receiver tlink game and screen didnt crash anymore but game is lagging and freezing aaand when i disconnect that usb and go offline game works just really fine for hours. can someone help me with this? what causes this? do i need other cable or other wifi receiver or new mobo or new suply. thanks

Solution
Check that only one network adapter is enabled on your pc. You can use either wired (recommended) or wireless but only with one network adapter enabled at a time.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results.

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the restarts and disconnects.

If there are a lot of varying problems relating to "not properly shutdown" then the PSU is a likely suspect.

Question: "Rexpower fake 400W supply " ---- "fake"? Typo or I am missing something there?

Ralston18

Titan
Check that only one network adapter is enabled on your pc. You can use either wired (recommended) or wireless but only with one network adapter enabled at a time.

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results.

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the restarts and disconnects.

If there are a lot of varying problems relating to "not properly shutdown" then the PSU is a likely suspect.

Question: "Rexpower fake 400W supply " ---- "fake"? Typo or I am missing something there?

Solution