[SOLVED] My PC keeps freezing at the Windows 10 login screen (If I can even get to it)

Feb 6, 2019
I kind of have a peculiar issue happening here, maybe you guys can point me in the right direction.

My system:
Ryzen 7 2700x
EVGA 750 g+ GOLD Power Supply
Gigabyte ga-ab350m-gaming 3 Motherboard
Samsung 250gb m.2 NVMe
Ripjaws V 16 x 4 RAM
Radeon RX Vega 64
F23 BIOS

The other day I installed an m.2 drive and reinstalled windows. I got everything up and running, and then the next day I was playing on my windows mixed reality (WMR) headset and the PC froze. I rebooted and logged back in and everything seemed fine...

The next day the PC froze again while I was playing WMR. This time when I rebooted -- the screen was just black and the monitor went into 'energy save mode.'

Since then I've placed my GPU (Vega 64) in my brothers computer and it was working fine. I then used his PSU (650 EVGA GOLD rated) in my computer and got it to boot to windows, but then it freezes at the login screen the same as before.

I replaced my PSU back into the computer and I got to the windows login screen where it crashes. It seems to allow me to get to windows if I pull the power cord from the PSU then boot the computer.

When the computer freezes and I reboot (without pulling the power cord), the power button only seems to give my computer a small jolt of juice. The fans only move a single rotation and the computer won't turn on. (Weird)

It's important to note that I pulled everything out and noticed my m.2 wasn't fully seated properly. I had to slightly wiggle it in to get it past the friction of the drive plug.

When I put an old video card (AMD R6850) in, the computer boots up just fine and allows me to login to windows without any freezing or crashing. This has confused me because my (2 month old) Vega 64 was working fine in my brothers computer. I thought my GPU was the culprit until I swapped it into his PC and it worked fine.

But now I'm stumped and I have a huge headache. My PC is currently running in the bios settings with all my original hardware installed. I used display driver uninstaller (ddu) when I had the older GPU in to try the Vega 64 again. There are currently no video drivers installed that could be causing an issue.

I reset bios with the jumper.

Computer is also freezing at Windows 'repair my PC' troubleshooting when I boot from USB windows disk.

Computer is currently running fine with the older GPU in my computer. Running MemTest, but it's almost done and no errors have been found yet.

Any ideas?