My pc keeps freezing in windows, bios, post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2018
I bought my first gaming pc two weeks ago and It was working fine, but about a week ago i started having problems with it (freezing, restartimg) ive tried to reinstall the windows but it didn't fix the
problem.. here is the list of some of the things i tried to do:

Reinstallng the windows
Updating the bios
Resetting CMOS (by removing the cmos battery)
Running the pc without and hdd or ram (it froze in the bios like normal)
Reinstalling the GPU
Updating all the drivers

Nothing fixed the problem, am able to get into the windows but after a while it freezes and restarts, sometimes it freezes in the windows logo, sometimes the pc would pc runners but nothing is on the screen, and even the mouse and keyboard lights would be off.
Whenever it turns on its just a matter of minutes/hours to freeze..

But today ive noticed something, yesterday before i went to sleep i turned the pc on and started downloading a game, and i left fortnite running in the background and when i woke up after 10 hours (i know am lazy) the pc was on and it never froze, so i started playing some games for about 2-3 hours and when i closed all the games and nothing was running i left the room and came back to find out the the pc froze and it restarted, then i realized that if i was installing something or leaving a game running in the background the pc wont froze, if i wasn't doing something (going through the folders or any simple thing) it will freeze?

Guys i really need help with it i dont know whats left to do

Motherboard: gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Evga gtx 1060 6gb sc

Jul 4, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from joekinng : "My pc keeps freezing in windows, bios, post"

A bought my first custom gaming pc about a month ago and i didnt have any problems with it untill the last week, it started freezing, restarting..
At first i thought it was the windows but then i realized that it even freezes in the bios and post! Sometimes it would freeze and restart and nothing would show on the screen and the keyboard and mouse lights would be off, and sometimes it would stuck in the windows logo..
Am able to get into the windows, and i realized that if am in the windows the pc wont freeze quickly (it would stay up for about an 2 or 3 hours).
But in the bios it would freeze quickly (probably less than an hour if am lucky, most times it would be 10 minutes).

Anyways i did everything i could think of..

Reinstalling the windows
Resetting the cmos (by removing the cmos battery)
Removing the gpu and ram and installing them again
Removing all of my hdd's and stating the system without them (it froze like always)
Removing the ram sticks and starting the system without them (it froze again)
Undervolting the cpu (from gigabyte app center)
Installing the latest drivers

Nothing fixed the problem, but i realized something, the pc freezes so much quicker in the bios or in the windows logo, but if i got to the windows it would freeze (most of the time) after a while..
And i realized something else, if am installing an app, stressing the cpu, playing a game, or at least leaving a game running in the background the pc wont freeze?! (I left fortnite running in the background and slept, and when i woke up i played some games, and it didnt freeze (for about 14 hours) untill i closed all of the apps/games and left it for about 10 minutes, and l left prime95 stress test running and slept and when i woke up (after about 5 hours) it was running fine, when i closed the test it froze?!)

I didnt overclock anything, everything is at its normal value.

I really dont know what to do, i think the cpu is stable at light usage?? Cuz it freezes only in the bios, post, or if am doing something not demanding (browsing the internet, going through the folders, or leaving it at the Desktop)
Guys i really dont know what to do, if someone could help i would appreciate it.

Mobo: gigabyte GA-AB350M-DS3H
CPU: ryzen 5 1600
GPU: evga gtx 1060 6gb sc
Ram: corsair vengeance lpx 16gb 3000Mhz (8×2)
PSU: thermaltake smart 500w

Status
Not open for further replies.