my pc keeps freezing on games

Apr 27, 2018
i recently rebuilt my x-mas present pc
my parts are
intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor
MSI B250M PRO-VD LGA 1151 Intel B250 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
EVGA 600 B1 100-B1-0600-KR 80+ BRONZE 600W Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply
Team Elite Plus 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000) Desktop Memory Model TPRD48G2133HC1501
XFX AMD Radeon RX 460 4GB GDDR5 DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort PCI-Express Video Card (RX-460P4SFG5)

i kept the stock 2 1 tb hdds since it was clean.. but it was just fine for the first weeks of gaming running GTA V High graphics 60 +, R6 Siege High 80+, PUBG Medium 90+, then one day it started freezing up on games so i was thinking maybe its just harder games it freezes on.. I played CS:GO it froze, i thought maybe it wasn't enough thermal paste and that's what my friends were saying i cleaned up my CPU and put new Thermal Paste on it load up GTA V. Froze. i try playing Fortnite i can get 2 1/2 hours on it then freezing. i really need help I'm tired of not being able to play any games. when it freezes the screens go black and and i cant hear or alt + tab out and have to press restart on my tower. it freezes mid games, loading screens too. i cant play the games i can't play in full screen cuz it will freeze i have duel monitors i have to play window more like half screen because it wont load then. please help me ASAP I miss PUBG and Siege.

Explain this freezing please. Does it completely lock up and never recover or is it just a temporary freeze and shortly recovers and allows you to keep gaming?

I see you have an MSI board. I ask about this freezing because I upgraded from an MSI 170 to MSI 370 and when I did that. I was getting temporary micro freezes. It would freeze for about 5 seconds then recover and let me play again. After troubleshooting for a week I found issue to be the Killer NIC that comes on board with MSI. I swapped to a dedicated Intel Nic and havnt had any issues since.

It was a very weird issue because I could do continuous ping checks to google.com while gaming and there was no lag spikes or packet loses but in game, when I froze and it recovered, I could see ping spike into the thousands for a few seconds and drop back down. (don't get me wrong I love MSI and only use them for all my parts. But the Killer NIC truly sucks ass. Even if you only install drivers and not the software I've ran into nothing but problems with it).

You may not have this exact issue but its something to consider.

Normally in this situation I would suggest you download HWMonitor or MSI Afterburning and monitor your system temps. Also use DDU to completely uninstall all video drivers and reinstall cleanly etc...

Apr 27, 2018

Apr 27, 2018

i have used HW and MSI AB it shows my CPU and GPU are running just fine the highest my GPU gets is 48C and CPU i think it was 70C could be wrong i have used DDU before and if there is a wrong way of uninstalling the drivers it didnt work either..

Apr 27, 2018

no when me and my friend looked at he it said it was my HDD's but i just want to 10000% sure before i spend money.

Apr 27, 2018

no when me and my friend looked at he it said it was my HDD's but i just want to 10000% sure before i spend money.