Question My PC keeps freezing while playing games

Sep 1, 2019
So i have a problem with my pc. My pc keeps freezing in games like remnant from the ashes, Battlefield 4. Sometimes in my browser without having a game open. So now is the question what i can do about it. i did some various things already but we can repeat the process. Also i ordered new parts like my CPU and my Motherboard like it worked for 2 weeks and now i have problems :I.

Thanks for the help lads :)

Specs:

i7-9700k TRAY/ Coffee Lake-R <- CPU / NEW
MSI GEFORCE GTX 1070 <- GPU
MSI B360M PRO-VDH Intel <- Motherboard/ NEW
16GB G.Skill Value DDR4-21 <- RAM
Samsung SSD 840 <- SSD
Samsung HD501LJ <- HDD
TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 <- HDD
THERMALTAKE Berlin 630W <- PSU
Windows 10

Remeca

Reputable
What kind of temp are you getting, at idle and under load? Does it only ever freeze under load? Like if you were just sitting at your desktop doing nothing, will it freeze, or does it only happen when the CPU is under load? Have you tried switching ram around, and trying one stick at a time?

Remeca

Reputable
Those are pretty normal temps, and if it was throttling your cpu because of heat you would also see performance degradation before it crashed. Since the motherboard and CPU are new, I would rule them out as causes for now. Did you do a clean install of Windows after you got the new parts? If yes, my next step would be unplugging all drives except the boot drive, and testing using completely different ram. If the issue persists after that, I would try a different boot medium.

Sep 1, 2019
I didn't clean install my windows yet because i thought "why should I ?"
Edit: Is it also good that my CPU fan blows all the hot air to the RAM ?

Last edited: