Question My PC keeps needing repair/only boots in safe mode/

djholley

Honorable
May 15, 2016
Admins Sorry for posting too many times keep this one please and delete the others as this is my most detailed yet.

Dell OptiPlex 3020

Okay so basically when I brought my pc home with an asus q87me motherboard it was fine when iw as at my friends house then it booted up at home fine just lan port didn't work so no internet then all of a sudden it would only have a black screen no post no nothing but all my parts powered on. With the ethernet cable removed and a series of powering on and off i was able to boot into windows fine but ive also had trouble codes consisting of windows boot manager failed things of that nature . Ive did this a handful of times to see if that was really the issue. With that asus set up (every spec is the same except boards* Ive did the switching of ethernet cables, resetting cmos, bread boarding, swapping ram sticks, only using one ram stick. So I did a boot leg set up. The Dells original psu and motherboard back in and my seperate thermaltake to power the gpu only. Everything worked and it booted fine downloaded games surfed the web no issues at all. etc then that dell psu stopped working for some reason. Anyways i bought the adapter to use my thermaltake on my dell motherboard and now everything is turning on but im having many issues. Either it boots up and says diagnosing pc, starting automatic repair, repairing pc then bringing me to a blue screen to tell me advanced options and restarting might fix it etc restarting didnt help When I try to wipe the drive itll go through then itll say installing windows then my Razer App comes up and next thing you know no display... Also something with a blue screen saying Log file:C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt. I just found out it boots into Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking just fine into windows and everything I even launched a game in Safe Mode. But Safe mode i can barely do anything no keyboard nothing, with networking background keeps freezing and i have to end process just for it to do it again. This is very strange I can really use the help nothing seems to be working. Everything seems to be in working order I just cannot get into windows normally without it asking for a repair, freezing at dell logo while loading , continueing with no display screen causing my tv to turn off but keyboard, mouse and pc still on and lit up.

Specs: Mobo :Asus q87me, Original Dell OptiPlex 3020 motherboard
Gpu: MSI R9 270 2GB
Ram: RAMAXEL and Samsung Ram 8gb on dell 16gb on asus
Cpu: intel i5 4570
Psu: Thermaltake sp-650 650w bronze

Lutfij

Titan
What do you mean by a boot leg setup? Which OS are you on? Which form factor for the OptiPlex 3020 are you on? I also would advise on working with only one of those ram sticks. Mixing and matching only leads to hair pulling(like the situation you're already in).

Did you upgrade the Dell OptiPlex after you purchased it? If you upgraded the board, did you reinstall the OS?

djholley

Honorable
May 15, 2016
What do you mean by a boot leg setup? Which OS are you on? Which form factor for the OptiPlex 3020 are you on? I also would advise on working with only one of those ram sticks. Mixing and matching only leads to hair pulling(like the situation you're already in).

Did you upgrade the Dell OptiPlex after you purchased it? If you upgraded the board, did you reinstall the OS?
Boot leg setup as I said dell 3020 mini tower original motherboard and psu and my 650w seperate just to power the you. Ram sticks arent the problem because i had them like that on the asus 3 ramaxel 1 Samsung and worked great. Even when I firsr got the dell with original board I'm running windows 10 and upgrade as in 16gb ram and the asus board. As foe Windows upgrade just normal updates the ssd already had windows 10 but I reset bios to default and now im getting no display so i think i disabled my gpu being primary display so inhave to get a vga cable since the dell board doesnt have hdmi