My pc keeps on turning off all of a sudden.

Kid_With_Questions

Honorable
Nov 14, 2015
My computer keeps turning off and restarting for no reason. I just built this thing a few day ago and it was working fine but now just yesterday it was giving me issues. Today I just try to browse the web and you can't even do that without it turning off and restarting. Help?

Specs
i3 6100
msi h110m pro vd
crucial 2x4gb ddr4 2133
western digital blue 1tb
intel hd 530
evga 450w 80+b

potentp

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016

Something overheating maybe? Check your cpu temperature. Unlikely if you just built it though.

Kid_With_Questions

Honorable
Nov 14, 2015

No overheating, 40 to 50 degrees

Kid_With_Questions

Honorable
Nov 14, 2015

No i dont get a blue screen, it justs BAM! just shut down and reboot

Pebls2

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
Try to run whocrashed anyway.

Usually the power supply is the culprit in issues like this (if it's not cause by drivers/software anyway) but since you have a new one that is from a reputable brand with more than enough wattage i don't see how that could be the case unless you got unlucky and got a broken one..

You can also try re-seating some of the components (though don't do it with the CPU if you don't have any thermal paste lying around) and checking if everything is plugged in properly..

Kid_With_Questions

Honorable
Nov 14, 2015

the whocrashed thing

Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. In case you are experiencing system crashes, it may be that crash dumps are prevented from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.

Pebls2

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
Yeah nothing there then.

Best suggestions i have for you are:

1. try to check if everything is plugged/installed properly

2. Re downloading and reinstalling windows.

3. If it still gives you problems run checks over night for ram and hard drive. If it doesn't shut down during that anyway. That will tell you that at least THOSE aren't the problem.. Though i don't think your pc would shut off without any error without giving you a message if those were the issue.

Beyond that ideally you would just switch out specific parts to see what is giving you trouble. Since you probably can't get your hands on parts to switch.. you could go to a pc shop that will diagnose that for you (and maybe charge you for it) or just RMAing the Motherboard cpu and psu..

Wish i could give you a more specific answer but it's really hard to diagnose without any messages and with such a recent build (which doesn't include any obvious culprit)..

Keep us posted.

Kid_With_Questions

Honorable
Nov 14, 2015

Im really convinced it is my psu

Pebls2

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016

That was my first hunch as the issues you're having match PSU problems perfectly. As with every component sometimes you can just get the out-of-the-box rare broken one.

Kid_With_Questions

Honorable
Nov 14, 2015

idk what to do at this point

Pebls2

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
I wish I could help you more and maybe someone can but with information you can provide i don't see how.

The best scenario would be if you bought the PSU from a local and could just go there and exchange it, but I'm guessing you bought online.

By the way does it fully turn off? I mean does it just completely shut down all lights turned off,etc?

Kid_With_Questions

Honorable
Nov 14, 2015

yup i brought online from amzaon
I think it completely turns, off, i mean it it turns off and there only a brief second before it turns back on