[SOLVED] My PC keeps rebooting ?

swathed

Reputable
May 10, 2018
When I turn on my pc it dies after few seconds and then keeps instantly restarting until i turn off and on the psu.Ive changed the mobo and got the asus b450 that has the main component check when pc is starting up(gpu,cpu,dram) and everything looks good. Therefore it looks like pc cant get enough power and like its psu’s fault but I still want to be sure before getting it that it’s not cpu. Can it maybe be cpu causing this ? , it runs at ~50 degrees celsius while idle and its ryzen 5 3500x.

Solution
Hey there,

You've pretty much answered your own question. Yes, it's highly likely the restarts are because of the PSU. I'd expect it started out with the odd random restart here and there, and now is at the point where the PSU is just power cycling. You would be well advised not to keep trying it, as potentially you could cause some damage to other components.

Get a new PSU. List your PC specs so we can advise on a good unit that will last 7-10 years, so you don't have to worry.
Hey there,

You've pretty much answered your own question. Yes, it's highly likely the restarts are because of the PSU. I'd expect it started out with the odd random restart here and there, and now is at the point where the PSU is just power cycling. You would be well advised not to keep trying it, as potentially you could cause some damage to other components.

Get a new PSU. List your PC specs so we can advise on a good unit that will last 7-10 years, so you don't have to worry.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS