[SOLVED] My pc keeps restarting by itself when playing games or even while browsing

Jun 9, 2020
I just got myself a gtx 1650 super and it worked fine the first week but now the pc keeps restarting randomly like sometimes it wont, but sometimes it does.

I have 750 watt psu from coolermaster so i don't think thats the issue here. Any help!?

Solution
Okay. Please submit the two photos here, if you wouldn't mind. Also, what's your motherboard's manufacturer and model? In addition to the 24 pin connector, do you also have the 8 pin PCIe cable run from your power supply to the 8 pin socket on your motherboard? While you're troubleshoot, in the interest of saving time, I suggest that you submit a RMA ticket immediately with Cooler Master. You can try the 888 support phone number below, but be ready for the possibility that they'll probably recommend that you register the product or submit the ticket through their "fan zone". Once the RMA is approved, then ask if they'll do an "advance RMA", which means they send you the new warranty replacement "before" you send the damaged unit...
Good morning. Generally there are three causes for restarts: power / software / heat. And by the way, despite your PSU's wattage, it is absolutely possible that it's the cause of your rebooting. Matter-of-fact, it's the most likely cause of the three, simply because your GTX 1650 Super wouldn't generate much heat inside your case, making it less likely that your CPU is thermal thorttling to the point of reboot.

-- Action steps --

Please list full specs for your computer.

Download HW Monitor application, to measure temps https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.41.exe

Take two photos of the inside of your build, upload to imgur, and place the links here. One photo should be the side label of your power supply only, and the other should show the entire "inside" of your computer case; showing the motherboard, case fans, etc. The purpose of the photos are to give an idea of air flow and power supply connections on the motherboard.

-- Questions --

Before you installed the GTX 1650 Super, which graphics card did you previously have installed? Did this rebooting problem exist before installing the new 1650 Super? What was the reason for this upgrade?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020
Good morning. Generally there are three causes for restarts: power / software / heat. And by the way, despite your PSU's wattage, it is absolutely possible that it's the cause of your rebooting. Matter-of-fact, it's the most likely cause of the three, simply because your GTX 1650 Super wouldn't generate much heat inside your case, making it less likely that your CPU is thermal thorttling to the point of reboot.

-- Action steps --

Please list full specs for your computer.

Download HW Monitor application, to measure temps https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.41.exe

Take two photos of the inside of your build, upload to imgur, and place the links here. One photo should be the side label of your power supply only, and the other should show the entire "inside" of your computer case; showing the motherboard, case fans, etc. The purpose of the photos are to give an idea of air flow and power supply connections on the motherboard.

-- Questions --

Before you installed the GTX 1650 Super, which graphics card did you previously have installed? Did this rebooting problem exist before installing the new 1650 Super? What was the reason for this upgrade?

Thanks for the reply, i din't use any graphics card till then i was using my intergrated card of the intel i5 7400. Thank you

Okay. Please submit the two photos here, if you wouldn't mind. Also, what's your motherboard's manufacturer and model? In addition to the 24 pin connector, do you also have the 8 pin PCIe cable run from your power supply to the 8 pin socket on your motherboard? While you're troubleshoot, in the interest of saving time, I suggest that you submit a RMA ticket immediately with Cooler Master. You can try the 888 support phone number below, but be ready for the possibility that they'll probably recommend that you register the product or submit the ticket through their "fan zone". Once the RMA is approved, then ask if they'll do an "advance RMA", which means they send you the new warranty replacement "before" you send the damaged unit back to them. If they allow this, then you'll need to provide them with a credit card number, as collateral, in case you fail to send the bad unit back to them.

As a last resort of your troubleshooting, you can download and run HW Monitor to check your temps while your system is under load, but honestly it does rather sound like a power supply issue. I had a similar experience two years ago: A family member's computer had the following specs: Ryzen 5 2600 / 16 GB RAM / GTX 1660 Ti / EVGA P2 850. FYI: That EVGA power supply is one of the highest quality models in the world, comes with platinum efficiency and a 10 year warranty. Well, one day I turned on the computer, and it would reboot from simply downloading Fortnite updates, ten minutes after turning the computer on. Turns out the PSU itself was defective, even though it was only 1-2 years old. A warranty replacement from EVGA resolved the issue. The problem had nothing to do with insufficient wattage, but was simply caused by a failed power supply.

Hardware Monitor
https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/hwmonitor/hwmonitor_1.41.exe

Cooler Master USA
888-624-5099

-- fan zone: to submit ticket --
https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx
<click> join for free

-- support options before covid-19 --
https://account.coolermaster.com/IntroSupport.aspx

Solution