Question My pc keeps restarting or dieing I need help i

Nov 13, 2019
I'm so confused my pc has been working for ages with no problems then all of a sudden it will restart ( or sometimes it will fail to restart ) or the screen will go black and pc stops working. I thought it was my graphics card because I put it in a friend's pc and it did the same thing. I bought a new graphics card and all seemed well for a few hours but then it it started doing it again. I don't know what to do any help would be really appreciated.

VoodooHex

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
its a risk move but i had this little annoying issues also thats ram i am pretty sure to be even sure go get speaker for the motherboard
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/7158JrlVinL._SL1500_.jpg
such as this from any pc store or if you have somewhere what it does is pretty much beeping codes depend on your pc if its for example beeps fast and shortly like beep beep beep and again restart and beeps again thats is ram issue and such .. i am saying this since ram in old computers that havent been touches is a delicate things most times i can for example go ahead and change the gpu or just change the hdd and random stuff like that and bam the ram is not deteced which cause those restars loop sometimes the connections are bad so i even push the ram with my finger puttting a bit preasure on the stick and it works stuff like that happend to me in many computers which mostly were like 3 years aged and more
if you have a speaker in your pc you can probaly solve alot of problems :)

Nov 13, 2019
I'm still having problems its not a overheating problem for the cpu or the gpu the temps for them are OK it seems to die randomly I can sit and watch vids online but sometimes it will go most of the time it dies while I'm launching or playing apex legends I'm thinking it's a mobo or psu issue but I'm not sure sometimes I can play for a few hours and it will suddenly go or as I am launching the game

Dec 2, 2019
I'm still having problems its not a overheating problem for the cpu or the gpu the temps for them are OK it seems to die randomly I can sit and watch vids online but sometimes it will go most of the time it dies while I'm launching or playing apex legends I'm thinking it's a mobo or psu issue but I'm not sure sometimes I can play for a few hours and it will suddenly go or as I am launching the game
Look for blown or leaking capacitors on the Motherboard...

Nov 13, 2019
Thanks for the replies. i figured out what was causing the problem.... 2 of the pins on the power supply going to mobo had melted some how. i replaced my psu and all has been fine since.

TRENDING THREADS