[SOLVED] My Pc Keeps Restarting Without Warning

Aug 30, 2021
Whenever i launch a game i am met with a black screen and a dead computer that boots up again after a couple of seconds. I have noticed that this error occurs more often when i play games with my controller plugged in (PS4 controller). Though it has happened numerous times without the controller as well. If you have any idea how to fix it please don't hold back. I will more than gladly answer any and all questions regarding the issue.

Solution
It should not be as tight as possible. It should have instructions how much you tighten the screws.

It can be a faulty GPU but it wouldn't restart right away. More probably will show black screen or display artifacts.

As I mentioned before, shutdowns and restarts are mostly caused by power or thermal issues.
Aug 30, 2021
Give us the full specs of your system.
Intel I9 9900k Processor
ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER ROG Strix OC
Corsair Hydro H115i RGB Platinum Køler 280 mm
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 16GB 3000 MHz
Intel 660p 1TB M.2 SSD
Corsair Vengeance 750M
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F GAMING, S-1151

that should be all?

Shutdowns are almost exclusively happening for 2 reasons. Power or thermal issues.

Check your temps idle and while gaming.
Install HWInfo64, run sensors mode and check the 3.3V , 5V and 12V rails what readings are they reporting. You can also check the temps with this.
Run a scan for malware with Malwarebytes.
Restart PC, have it sit for 5 mins and then run a UserBenchmark and post the LINK to the results here.

Aug 30, 2021
Shutdowns are almost exclusively happening for 2 reasons. Power or thermal issues.

Install HWInfo64, run sensors mode and check the 3.3V , 5V and 12V rails what readings are they reporting. You can also check the temps with this.
Restart PC, have it sit for 5 mins and then run a UserBenchmark and post the LINK to the results here.
Soooooo i couldn't download HWInfo
Malwarebyte didnt find anything and UserBenchMark made it restart....

Ok, that pic is lacking like 90% of it's pixels. I can't read anything. EDIT: My bad, I was looking it through my mobile which could not make it larger. Pic is fine.

I don't have the latest release of HWinfo so they might have changed the interface.

I just installed it. I don't know where you get this interface from, I have the same as always...

View: https://youtu.be/tyoHEwBKzms

At the 0:38 mark and after.

EDIT 2: What OS are you running?

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021
Ok, that pic is lacking like 90% of it's pixels. I can't read anything. EDIT: My bad, I was looking it through my mobile which could not make it larger. Pic is fine.

I don't have the latest release of HWinfo so they might have changed the interface.

I just installed it. I don't know where you get this interface from, I have the same as always...

View: https://youtu.be/tyoHEwBKzms

At the 0:38 mark and after.

EDIT 2: What OS are you running?
Windows 10

Aug 30, 2021

View: https://imgur.com/eXDTukm

is this good enough?

TRENDING THREADS