[SOLVED] my PC keeps shutdown and restarting while playing Overwatch.

Aug 8, 2019
So, I don't know what's the problem with my PC..
Basically when I open Overwatch or playing it for 1-2 minutes, my computer completely shutdown and restart.
I did buy a new graphic card from GTX 960 to RX580 because the last one having massive rendering issues, and a new 24 inch monitor with 144hz.
..but I don't know if my MoBo is strong enough with this graphic card and this new monitor thou.

is it too heavy? or something else might effect this?

here's my spec :

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362
Hardware: H81M-S2PH (rev 2.0), Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BIOS: FD
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz Intel8664, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 8GB Corsiar Vengeance 1 piece
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series

Solution
"because when I'm using my PC for a very long time, there's nothing wrong. "

I assume you mean you use it for something besides gaming ?

Based on what you've said previously, that the crashing occurs when you load the GPU with a game, I would guess the power supply can no longer supply adequate power to the GPU.

Since you said your previous GPU was having issues and the new one crashes almost right away I would replace the power supply.

For your system a quality 650 or 700w supply should do the job.

Something like this would be my choice - https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-focus-plus-650-gold-ssr-650fx-650w/p/N82E16817151186
A 750 w power supply should be plenty as long as it's not an old one...they do eventually go bad.

Assuming your power supply isn't old I would suggest you unplug all of the power connections to the motherboard and GPU and reconnect them just to make sure they are in tight.

Also did you use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the old nVidia drivers ?

Aug 8, 2019
A 750 w power supply should be plenty as long as it's not an old one...they do eventually go bad.

Assuming your power supply isn't old I would suggest you unplug all of the power connections to the motherboard and GPU and reconnect them just to make sure they are in tight.

Also did you use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the old nVidia drivers ?

My power supply is around 3-4 years old now.

I did try unplug all and replug all again, didn’t work.

And yes, I did use DDU to uninstall my NVidia driver before installing my new driver.

Aug 8, 2019
My guess is the power supply is dying...especially if the system is ok until you start gaming.

is it the power supply? because when I'm using my PC for a very long time, there's nothing wrong.
also, if I use some heavy programs (like Sony Vegas 16), there's a slight chance of bluescreen that usually have an error of Memory Management or Kernel System.

...but, if it is the power supply, do you have any recommendation of power supply that long lasting?

"because when I'm using my PC for a very long time, there's nothing wrong. "

I assume you mean you use it for something besides gaming ?

Based on what you've said previously, that the crashing occurs when you load the GPU with a game, I would guess the power supply can no longer supply adequate power to the GPU.

Since you said your previous GPU was having issues and the new one crashes almost right away I would replace the power supply.

For your system a quality 650 or 700w supply should do the job.

Something like this would be my choice - https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-focus-plus-650-gold-ssr-650fx-650w/p/N82E16817151186

Last edited:
Solution