[SOLVED] My PC keeps shuting down by itself

Sep 28, 2021
As the title says my 1 year long pc keeps shuting down by itself. I have been having this problem for the last month or so. What exactly happens is when I boot my pc everything seems to work totally fine I get my windows screen but after a few minutes the pc randomly shuts itself I can see my psu fan spinning and my GPU's spinning I can also see all the rgb leds from my ram gpu AIO cooler working totally fine but I have no display. I had this booting problem every 1 out 3 booting so I didn't really pay that much of attention. However, it got even worse today, I tried to boot my PC and midway to the boot everything stopped working all the fans leds and everything I tried booting up again numerous times but I had no luck. I was able to boot it and working up again by disconnecting all the cables and draining the power by pressing the power button. The same problem just happened again and I did the same thing and it worked again but I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with my PC hopefully it doesn't have anything to do with my GPU lol. But my bet is that something's up with the PSU. I will also attach a screenshot I grabbed from the event viewer and I would appreciate any help regarding this problem.

Here are my specs:
Amd Ryzen 5 3600
GIGABYTE AORUS B550I PRO AX 4866MHz(OC) DDR4
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X 6G
G.Skill 32GB(2x16) Trident Z RGB 3600mhz CL18 DDR4 Ram
Sandisk Crucial P1 1tb Ssd
SilverStone PF120 ARGB AIO
SilverStone Sugo SG13 mini ITX
Be Quiet! SFX-L Power 500W 80+ Gold

This is the screenshot from the event viewer; https://ibb.co/sFgpgTW

Solution
71 degrees is quite hot for a CPU with almost no load. Either the AIO isn't functioning correctly or isn't installed correctly. The first thing to do would be to feel the tubes while it's running and see if you can feel the liquid flow. If the pump isn't working properly, you don't have a cooler.

And if there are a lot of signs of life, I'd disconnect the AIO, apply new thermal paste, and make sure the block is reattached firmly to the CPU.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Some of those warnings are just run of the mill things that will pop up. Specifically search the errors and critical. Might be worthwhile to search a few of the others and see if they relate to something important. I see a few warnings that may be worth searching and following up on. (123, 51, 360)

Event 41 can point to a bad PSU, but is also thrown on any unexpected shutdown.

Are you monitoring temps and sure your AIO is working? Have you cleaned the computer of dust?

Some of these seem to be pointing to an issue with the disk, might run SFC/DISM

Sep 28, 2021
Some of those warnings are just run of the mill things that will pop up. Specifically search the errors and critical. Might be worthwhile to search a few of the others and see if they relate to something important. I see a few warnings that may be worth searching and following up on. (123, 51, 360)

Event 41 can point to a bad PSU, but is also thrown on any unexpected shutdown.

Are you monitoring temps and sure your AIO is working? Have you cleaned the computer of dust?

Some of these seem to be pointing to an issue with the disk, might run SFC/DISM
Thank you for the response. I will run SFC/DISM in a bit and yes I have cleaned the computer of dust I'm not sure though how I can make sure my AIO is working I have the leds working and also the fan is working, seems like I can also hear the noise the AIO makes but it could also be related to the AIO I have no clue. I'm attaching a screenshot I grabbed from NZXT Cam on minimal windows activites and chrome open what do you think about the overall temperature I always had a pretty warm CPU and I never thought something about it as it's a pretty small case things are rough in there. I'll also look more into the event viewer and see if it's going to take me anywhere.

Screenshot: https://ibb.co/WVzmTrv

Edit: I just ran both SFC and DISM test they came out clean SFC repaired some files not sure if they are solved. Seems like 123 is caused by plugging my external hard drive, as the name suggests 51 seemed like something was up with the disk but my research didn't really give me anything,

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
71 degrees is quite hot for a CPU with almost no load. Either the AIO isn't functioning correctly or isn't installed correctly. The first thing to do would be to feel the tubes while it's running and see if you can feel the liquid flow. If the pump isn't working properly, you don't have a cooler.

And if there are a lot of signs of life, I'd disconnect the AIO, apply new thermal paste, and make sure the block is reattached firmly to the CPU.

Reactions: punkncat
Solution

TRENDING THREADS