[SOLVED] My PC keeps "shutting down"

Sep 18, 2021
My PC keeps "shutting off" what i mean by this is: ill be using it fine then all of a sudden i loose all display output. I also disconnect from any game im playing as well as discord and any applications or programs. I dont get any audio either. Its completely random to me it seems, its nothing i can recreate. The* thing thats causing confusion for me is all the internal and external lights stay on. From the power button light to the GPU RGB as well as the RAM RGB and mother board RGB. All fans connected to the pc and on the GPU continue to spin. My power button ceases to function once this happens. I *have to kill the power via the switch on the PSU. i can turn it back on and i usually have to sync the time in my taskbar manually to get it to read correctly. Ive tried hardware monitor as well as task manager to see if something is spiking in power use or getting too hot. im not seeing anything in these number that cause me concern. Im at a loss for what it could be. Any help sourcing my problem would be awesome.

After asking in some other places, i was led to belive it was the PSU. swapped out the 18 month old, 850 PSU. For a 650w PSU of the same brand which was pur hased in august of 2019 for the same thing to happen.

In at a loss of what it could be. CMOS battery? GPU? CPU? Im stumped

Heres the bulid list. built it in august of 2019 with a teardown and rebuild 2 months ago.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K9ZLz7

Solution
My PC keeps "shutting off" what i mean by this is: ill be using it fine then all of a sudden i loose all display output. I also disconnect from any game im playing as well as discord and any applications or programs. I dont get any audio either. Its completely random to me it seems, its nothing i can recreate. The* thing thats causing confusion for me is all the internal and external lights stay on. From the power button light to the GPU RGB as well as the RAM RGB and mother board RGB. All fans connected to the pc and on the GPU continue to spin. My power button ceases to function once this happens. I *have to kill the power via the switch on the PSU. i can turn it back on and i usually have to sync the time in my taskbar manually...
My PC keeps "shutting off" what i mean by this is: ill be using it fine then all of a sudden i loose all display output. I also disconnect from any game im playing as well as discord and any applications or programs. I dont get any audio either. Its completely random to me it seems, its nothing i can recreate. The* thing thats causing confusion for me is all the internal and external lights stay on. From the power button light to the GPU RGB as well as the RAM RGB and mother board RGB. All fans connected to the pc and on the GPU continue to spin. My power button ceases to function once this happens. I *have to kill the power via the switch on the PSU. i can turn it back on and i usually have to sync the time in my taskbar manually to get it to read correctly. Ive tried hardware monitor as well as task manager to see if something is spiking in power use or getting too hot. im not seeing anything in these number that cause me concern. Im at a loss for what it could be. Any help sourcing my problem would be awesome.

After asking in some other places, i was led to belive it was the PSU. swapped out the 18 month old, 850 PSU. For a 650w PSU of the same brand which was pur hased in august of 2019 for the same thing to happen.

In at a loss of what it could be. CMOS battery? GPU? CPU? Im stumped

Heres the bulid list. built it in august of 2019 with a teardown and rebuild 2 months ago.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K9ZLz7
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/pc-randomly-shuts-down.3724837/. You have an unfinished thread, dont make a new one.

Solution