[SOLVED] My pc keeps shutting off when i play demanding games

AlphaSahni

Commendable
Oct 3, 2020
everytime i play kinda big demanding games my pc will shut off well it doesnt shut off but it restarts the lights stay on and sometimes when it does this the pc goes really loud i dont know where its coming from i bought a new cpu cooler i have a 1660 super its not overclocked and a 500w

The link to the power supply is https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-50...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

The last guy told me that i should get a better power supply and not some cheap one but im not sure if i should get more watts or just a better power supply but same watts also im worried that it wont fix this issue cus i have tried lots of things it cant be the gpu cus its brand new and its a good known gpu the cpu is kinda slow its an i5 2500k but that shouldnt have anything to do with it, and also after time my pc starts to smell like fire but thats not an issue

Solution
That psu only has 288w across the 12v rails according to its own spec. A good quality 500w can do nearly all 500w across its 12v rails. That psu if it even meets its label is a low quality 300w with a 500w sticker.
everytime i play kinda big demanding games my pc will shut off well it doesnt shut off but it restarts the lights stay on and sometimes when it does this the pc goes really loud i dont know where its coming from i bought a new cpu cooler i have a 1660 super its not overclocked and a 500w

The link to the power supply is https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-500W-12CM-Silent-Fan-PC-Power-Supply-ATX-Computer-PSU-500-Watt-SATA-24-PIN/201257564181?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

The last guy told me that i should get a better power supply and not some cheap one but im not sure if i should get more watts or just a better power supply but same watts also im worried that it wont fix this issue cus i have tried lots of things it cant be the gpu cus its brand new and its a good known gpu the cpu is kinda slow its an i5 2500k but that shouldnt have anything to do with it, and also after time my pc starts to smell like fire but thats not an issue
Yeah, lets start by replacing that thing with a real PSU. Then we can proceed with troubleshooting if the problem continues.

deadpoolxxxxx

Prominent
May 14, 2019
Change the power supply unit...get the corsair CV550 which is enough considering the tdp of the 1660s and also if you are on a budget...also use the msi afterburner to check the temp of your processor at all times....if it exceeds 85(without overclocking) or 90( with overclockoing) then get a new cpu cooler. This should solve the problem.

AlphaSahni

Commendable
Oct 3, 2020
thank you everyone for ur support hopefully this fixes it but i already spent alot of money on a monitor i cant get that and its also quite alot of money