[SOLVED] My PC keeps turning on and off after adding new ram ?

Feb 6, 2021
I tried replacing upgrading my 8gb ram to 16gb ram and suddenly my pc keeps restarting after 5-10 seconds. It doesn't even get to the bios and the monitor also doesn't display anything but the lights are on. Earlier today I still played games using my 8gb ram. I don't think the fault lies within the new ram, because I tested it with my old 8gb ram and that also didn't work. I reconnected all my cables, but still didn't fix anything. Also my two of the three cpu fans are not working. I'm not sure if this it has been this way for a long time, and I'm also not sure if this is normal.

Solution
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
You can sometimes compensate for errors by increasing the ram voltage in the motherboard bios.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the rams in your build? Old and new? On second thoughts, we're going to need a little more information than that.

Please list your specs to your system like so;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Since you're upgrading ram, include links to the sticks of ram used. If you can, try and work with the older stick of ram and see if you can get back into BIOS. There, check and see what BIOS version you're on at the moment. Age of the PSU? If you're on Windows 10, include the version for the OS.

Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
You can sometimes compensate for errors by increasing the ram voltage in the motherboard bios.

Solution