[SOLVED] My PC keeps turning on while im asleep. What is happening?

Servs

Reputable
Feb 14, 2019
I feel like im going crazy.
This happens every single night, and its been 3 days now. This just came out of nowhere. Its fully shut down no sleep or hibernate. Its starting to freak me out. I know im not sleep walking, and im 99% sure no one is breaking into my house at night to turn my pc on soooo. What on earth could be causing this?

Note: the only temp fix ive found is to switch off PSU before i sleep, which is annoying.

Solution
check the BIOS for a wake on lan setting. it may be in the windows networking setting too.
Wake on LAN means that if another device on your network pings your device it will awake from sleep.
useful for remote servers, try to connect, wait a few minutes for it to boot up and you can connect.
if you do not need this disable it.
All I can think of in this situation.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
check the BIOS for a wake on lan setting. it may be in the windows networking setting too.
Wake on LAN means that if another device on your network pings your device it will awake from sleep.
useful for remote servers, try to connect, wait a few minutes for it to boot up and you can connect.

Solution

Servs

Reputable
Feb 14, 2019
Thanks ill check it out. So when you say wake you mean even computers that are fully shut down?