Question My pc made an explosion sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2019
My pc made an explosion sound and shut down. I don't smell any burn plastic (not even in the power supply) and didn't see smoke.

What could that be? :c

Jul 19, 2019
Check the power supply. Exploding capacitors will not necessarily leave a "burned electronics" smell behind.
Thank you. i just change the power supply and everything seems to be ok.
i can't complain, It was an 8 year old unit after all.
R.I.P corsair cx750
new power supply: evga 600w 80+

Jul 19, 2019
If I can tell you remotely what your problem is, I'd be making major$$

U even open that thing and look?

Is this box newly built or is been working for a while?

U wanna fess up any bumps, liquid spill blah-blah?

Changed anything lately?

Is all on you. You are there, we are not.
My pc is ok now, it was the PSU

Holy -----!

So you replaced a PSU that exploded with another one that's going to explode even faster?

Do you just like the sound of explosions?

Do you have a big insurance policy on your PC and you're actually hoping one of these explosions destroys all of your other parts?!?!

You'd think you'd learn your lesson.

Yes.... The EVGA is cheaper. The Corsair was cheap, and old, and probably should have stopped working a long time ago, but that EVGA is even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
broken record
Geeze! Well, I suppose I'm showing my age with that one.....

Honestly, most people look at PSUs in much the same way they regard wall warts: "Any old thing will do, because it just outputs voltage."

Any more, I just take my o'scope with me, and SHOW people WHY their PSU is a varnished buffalo chip; and the ridiculous thing about it is that showing them proof only seems to make enough of a dent that maybe 40% of such people actually decide to go with a competently manufactured, and appropriately spec'ed power supply.

I wish that the American educational system included ACTUAL science in their K-12 curriculum, like they did back in the '60s and '70s.

Sheesh! Yeah....stay off my grass.

Jul 19, 2019
That was the only "good" PSU I could find wh
Holy ----!

So you replaced a PSU that exploded with another one that's going to explode even faster?

Do you just like the sound of explosions?

Do you have a big insurance policy on your PC and you're actually hoping one of these explosions destroys all of your other parts?!?!

You'd think you'd learn your lesson.

Yes.... The EVGA is cheaper. The Corsair was cheap, and old, and probably should have stopped working a long time ago, but that EVGA is even worse.
that was the only "good" PSU i could find in my country. i needed it fast.
And sorry for not being from US and not having an extended list of parts that i can choose.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Has nothing to do with what's available in the U.S. I travel abroad quite often. I've never been to a country where there are only cheap garbage available for PSUs.

Where are you located?

Well it looks like to OP has closed his account on the site so we won't be getting an answer to this.

As a side note we (the royal "we" I am referring to) are all a lot more knowledgable than most of the folks coming here asking us for help. This entire thread hammered this dude for not knowing better. He came here for help, making fun of him non stop and driving the conversation into the woods helps no one. If theres known expert in the field in here conversing with the guy telling him its bad do we really need 10 other people going "Yeah it sucks and you're a moron for buying it!" People see EVGA, or Corsair, or Coolermaster and assume because its a known name its good. They aren't us.

I'm guilty of this too, so therefore WE need to try and calm it down.

And as a side note, cool it with the profanity.

If anyone has a problem with this message me privately.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.