[SOLVED] My PC makes a loud buzzing noise.

Apr 18, 2020
Hi all,

Some time ago, my PC starts to make a very loud, buzzing kind of noise whenever I do anything.
Firts, when I start up, I get it while he is starting up Windows. After is has actually boot up, it's silent, but when I want to browse or play a game or run a malware scan, and sometimes just out of the blue, the buzz of hell returns and it keeps on going until I do nothing again. However the machine doesn't slow down or anything. Also I'm able to play movies and music without the thing starting to buzz.

I only have an SSD so it cant be that. i have unplugged all the fans and it still makes tge sound. What could it be? And how to fix it? I'm worried it's has sometging to do with my CPU since it only makes the nouse when I try to run relatively heavy stuff, like a game.
It is driving me crazy, please help!

Take a paper towel roll, stick it gently near your computer components and listen, so you can isolate the sound.

Several factors can be involved.

1. Depending on how you have your chassis or CPU fans set up, if you load the system down, it creates more heat, and your fans will speed up. This should be normal.

2. Your PSU can be a factor, it can do this "Buzzing" as you describe. This could be bad.

Reactions: Amsterdamfire
Apr 18, 2020
Thanks! I did whay you told me to do, and now I'm pretty sure it's indeed mh PSU.
And it's bad. Is there a way yo fix this, or os is it just bettet to have a new one installed?