Question My pc makes sound of like usb disconnect/reconnect whenever the UPS regulates voltage

FREETHEEVIL

Prominent
Aug 5, 2022
I build up a pc about 8 months ago having ANTEC 750W BRONZE, AMD 5700G, 1TB SSD NVME, APC 1200VA EASY UPS.

From last week, i noticed that whenever UPS regulates voltage and make electrical sound then PC sounds like any USB disconnected and then reconnecting the process is so fast that i can't check which usb reconnected (since i have rgb mouse and keyboard but light of either one not disturbed )

One thing is also that i am using an another Serge protector board between PSU and UPS ( since the PSU plug doesn't fit directly into output socket of UPS ) but when i charge the UPS for 15 hrs straight then for 4 to 5 hrs this sound of usb reconnected doesn't happen but after i put pc sleep for 1 hour and open then this is happening again.

I don't understand why this is happening ....

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the PSU plug doesn't fit directly into output socket of UPS
files

How is your system tethered to the UPS? The cable I mean? Please include an image to said cables and the back of your UPS.

Lack of power to the system is what might be causing the issue;
Output power capacity
650 Watts / 1.2kVA
is what's stated on APC's support/specifications page. You're asking 100W more than what the UPS can output.

FREETHEEVIL

Prominent
Aug 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the PSU plug doesn't fit directly into output socket of UPS
files

How is your system tethered to the UPS? The cable I mean? Please include an image to said cables and the back of your UPS.

Lack of power to the system is what might be causing the issue;
Output power capacity
650 Watts / 1.2kVA
is what's stated on APC's support/specifications page. You're asking 100W more than what the UPS can output.

But I am not using 750w. Since there is no gpu no modem no router. Only LG 4K monitor and pc and total power is approx 300w ...

For output socket ...

images.jpg

I have indian output socket and American ups ...

Lutfij

Titan
But I am not using 750w. Since there is no gpu no modem no router. Only LG 4K monitor and pc and total power is approx 300w ...
How would I know that? People tend to miss stating their specs in their troubleshooting thread. On that note, please state the full specs to your build. A system is comprised of more than a PSU, APU, SSD and an UPS.

Please parse a link to the UPS you have.

In all honesty the only thing that stands out is the UPS in this scenario, it's not hooked to the system via an USB cable and it only outputs power to your PSU, so if you're lack of power from the UPS(stating how you need to charge it more to avoid the noise) is what brings about the USB reconnection and disconnection noise...it might very well be the UPS.

Make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date, your OS is not pending any updates and your chipset drivers are on the latest version as well.

FREETHEEVIL

Prominent
Aug 5, 2022
How would I know that? People tend to miss stating their specs in their troubleshooting thread. On that note, please state the full specs to your build. A system is comprised of more than a PSU, APU, SSD and an UPS.

Please parse a link to the UPS you have.

In all honesty the only thing that stands out is the UPS in this scenario, it's not hooked to the system via an USB cable and it only outputs power to your PSU, so if you're lack of power from the UPS(stating how you need to charge it more to avoid the noise) is what brings about the USB reconnection and disconnection noise...it might very well be the UPS.

Make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date, your OS is not pending any updates and your chipset drivers are on the latest version as well.

See, i am from India and in my country on amazon, APC ups are best sellers and the ups i bought is APC 1200VA link :- https://www.amazon.in/APC-BVX1200LI-Protection-Desktop-Electronics/dp/B08R8B5MXP

I upgraded everything BIOS, WINDOWS UPDATE, DRIVERS, APPS, etc ..

Yes, I hope using directly UPS to PSU connection can help this power shortage or whatever this is ...

Thanks for your views and help. Cheers