[SOLVED] My PC micro-stutters randomly on new PC

Jun 6, 2020
It does not matter if I am in a game or not, sometimes it even happens when I am watching a video or anything, they are pretty infrequent but still annoying. Graphic card drivers are up to date so I guess that's not the cause.

Some of my specs if needed:
Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB DDR4 2660mhz
GTX 1660 Super

Last edited:
Solution
It's the free windows 10 version, not activated. Not sure how it got into the system, I didn't build it myself.
Sold both separate, BIOS is up to date.

How was this PC built then? Is this a prebuilt? Some dude? If it's the former, you should be using your warranty. If it's the latter, you should do a clean installation yourself for security reasons, let alone making sure it's proper installed on this computer, not simply installed on a hard drive and slapped into this computer.

Sticks are probably the last resort, but RAM sticks are not guaranteed to work perfectly together if they're not sold together -- that's why you see them paired in packages -- even if the models are identical. They usually do if the models are...
Jun 6, 2020
Let's get all the specs, including power supply, motherboard, storage drivers, operating system (both what it is and how you got it into the system).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Asus Prime A320M-K
Adata XPG Gammix D10 8 GB DDR4 2660 - two of them
EVGA 600W 80 Plus
SSD M.2 Adata SX6000 Lite 1TB
Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SuperDUAL EVO OC 6 GB

Everything runs just fine, I have had this problem ever since I got my computer about 5 months ago, I thought it was my monitor due to the VGA adaptor but I recently got a new one and it clearly was not the problem since the same thing happens with an HDMI cable.

Jun 6, 2020
And what is the operating system and how did you get it into the system? And were these two sticks of RAM sold together in a 2x8 package? And is your BIOS completely up to date?
It's the free windows 10 version, not activated. Not sure how it got into the system, I didn't build it myself.

DSzymborski

Titan

How was this PC built then? Is this a prebuilt? Some dude? If it's the former, you should be using your warranty. If it's the latter, you should do a clean installation yourself for security reasons, let alone making sure it's proper installed on this computer, not simply installed on a hard drive and slapped into this computer.

Sticks are probably the last resort, but RAM sticks are not guaranteed to work perfectly together if they're not sold together -- that's why you see them paired in packages -- even if the models are identical. They usually do if the models are identical, but not always.

Solution
Jun 6, 2020

Sticks are probably the last resort, but RAM sticks are not guaranteed to work perfectly together if they're not sold together -- that's why you see them paired in packages -- even if the models are identical. They usually do if the models are identical, but not always.
There is this shop in my country which is pretty well known for PC gaming, they can build the pc for you if you need, so that's what I opted for since I didn't wanna screw anything up, I just updated the graphic drivers after a few months, so I hope that fixes it somehow if it doesn't I am gonna use the warranty.

The ram sticks are both the same model, I am gonna check the box the whole PC came in and see if it was separate just to make sure.

edit: different boxes, but they look both exactly the same

Last edited: