[SOLVED] My PC might need an upgrade - Photoshop runs quite slow sometimes

Felipe Felix

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
Hi All!

For the last 6 years, I've done a few upgrades in my PC but never changed the Motherboard and Processor. But I think the time has come to think about it.
Sometimes when I'm working on Photoshop, I few the PC reaaaallyy slow. The reason might be very obvious - you are using too many artboards - but let me know your opinion based on my specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
MB: Asus B150M-A
Memory: 16GB RAM(8GBx2)
Card name GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
Disks: SanDisk Ultra II 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | Toshiba 1 TB 3.5" 5700RPM Internal Hard Drive

Besides PS, I also play some games. I was able to almost reach ultra on Witcher so, no many problems with gaming so far.
Budget-wise, I'm looking for something "reasonable".

Cheers.

Last edited:
Solution
You can see, that system requires 32.1GB ram. You have only 16Gb physical ram available. Rest of that goes into virtual memory, which is by a magnitude slower than physical ram.

Upgrade ram to 32GB minimum. If you can afford, then go with 64GB of ram. Your system at some point has requested 36.9GB of ram. You want it all to fit into physical ram.
You can see, that system requires 32.1GB ram. You have only 16Gb physical ram available. Rest of that goes into virtual memory, which is by a magnitude slower than physical ram.

Upgrade ram to 32GB minimum. If you can afford, then go with 64GB of ram. Your system at some point has requested 36.9GB of ram. You want it all to fit into physical ram.

Solution

Felipe Felix

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015

Upgrade ram to 32GB minimum. If you can afford, then go with 64GB of ram. Your system at some point has requested 36.9GB of ram. You want it all to be in physical ram.
Thanks a lot!